• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

can this be done

topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
Tim €¦ €¦ €¦thanks for sharing that story as many can learn from it. I €™m sure your parents might have even had more regrets then you did thinking maybe they could have done more in helping you make a better decision.

Wouldn't get angry about it though. Have to look back at laugh at how little we really knew about the world and people.

garageland

garageland

Valued member
Interesting topic, Tim with hindsight of course you would have listened to the advice but I see it all too often young guys who are hellbent on getting surgery and don't listen to the advice they are given.

I also had surgery very young 23 whether I would have listened back then if I was being told not to do it probably not as I was desperate unfortunately for me I had lost my dad to cancer 4 years earlier (he was a norwood 6) and didn't have anyone to confide in and try to talk me out of it.

I just wish the surgeon that performed that first surgery was honest with me and gave me the facts that 450 mini and micro grafts is a drop in the ocean for my diffused loss over the entire scalp. If he had told me I would need to go back over and over again to get anything like a half respectable head of hair it might have registered with me not to go ahead.

I am not angry anymore about what happened you can't hold in that anger for such a long time as I believe it is not good for you. I do feel that my twenties in terms of enjoying my life were taken from me though to an extent.

There was nothing back then that you could do in terms of research just take a huge leap of faith and trust that because they were a Doctor surely they would be operating under some professional code. Topcat is so right that now there is the information but where do you start? who do you believe? It is now very difficult as there is too much out there and so many contrasting opinions. That said I would much rather be looking for a transplant now with all that there is out there than back in the nineties at least patients now have the option of making an informed decision whether they do though is another matter.

Last edited:
timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Garage Land ..

Nice post ... And your right about the anger , all it does is cause pain .. I'm not really angry I just got a bit pissed with myself reliving something that I not thought about for years !

Your situation at the time was worse than mine ... sorry you had no one to confide in..

Life does to on ... and though I feel the same as you with regards to the lost years ... life is about looking forward and not backwards ... Someone told me recently that hindsight is 20/20... too true..

Glad you are ok now

All the best

Tim

topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
Since we are on the topic I can honestly say I was never ever angry not once. It seems with the way I post most would think for sure this is an angry guy €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦..lol €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦..most of my thinking was focused on well now how do I fix this situation and unfortunately the information simply was not available. One relied on the trust of yet another doctor until eventually I just needed to stop and take another approach. But I also had what I can only describe as very enjoyable years in both my work and social life.

Some things that I do see in the industry I have a hard time understanding and I will comment because they seem to be so absurd and many I think in the industry would agree with at least some of those comments. It almost becomes like a big joke for me that much of what I see even goes on. For example how a doctor with absolutely no conscience nor moral compass placing 4mm plugs into a NW 0 hairline of 20 year old boys becomes president of one of these 5 letter hair loss organization years later is hard for one to wrap their mind around. It €™s not like other doctors do not know about a particular person and his past yet they have him to look up to as their president €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦lol €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦I mean c €™mon how does one not comment on all of this €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦ €¦it is amazing to watch.

Last edited:
J

jake19800

Valued member
hi all

im back I will post a full report and pictures tomorrow

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Jake, hope it all went well.
If you can post your experience in the patient section when you're ready that would be great.
All the best,
Bm.

J

jake19800

Valued member
I have updated results in - Hair Transplant Patient Results/updates