• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Chronological Summary of my HT`s

escar

escar

Hello everybody,
It is my pleasure to come back to this forum in which I have been participating in the past since the very first days of it I think, so after have been absent for a while I'm very happy to come back and to see some familiar names again as well as eager to meet the new generation of forum members, :T:
I noticed that after all these years I have never posted my case, so here we go.

Everything started in 2003, I remember that after many years shaving my head I decided to have a hair transplant so after one consultation with a doctor in my area I scheduled an upcoming date for my procedure.
The day of the procedure there were 4 people, and I remember only to get asleep very early at the beginning of the procedure, with general anesthetic.... and after two hours, voilà! the procedure were finished...... and the secretary/nurse/assistant/girlfriend was trying to wake me up from the anesthesia.

At that time they gave me a mirror so I could admire the good work, and then I realized my mistake ... but it was too late for me..
The fantastic four team were already changed their clothes and were ready to go for a dinner all together after a job well done!
So the nurse told me that I could go home ..... and I was very bad, cold, with tremors and dizziness, but I was sent home anyway, I remember that when I left the clinic I hit myself in the head with the doorframe because I did not know where I was or what's happening, and in that condition I went alone to catch the train back home and I remember that I vomited several times over the way, I'm sure that many people on that train recognized me, to today I do not remember their faces, just remember going on a cloud not very aware of what was happening around me.
Luckily I finally get home, and when my mother opened the door I remember to saw her almost fainted. The rest you can see it below...

1st. procedure 2003:- Nightmare with unpredictable consequences

Immediately after
cache_2425400452.jpg

6 months after:
cache_2425400463.jpg
cache_2425400462.jpg

10 months after:
cache_2425400467.jpg

1 Year after:
cache_2425400451.jpg

[line]

2nd. procedure 2004:-Performed at DHI Greece, with Doctor Zontos and Dr Bisanga together, they extracted the old plugs and the result was good in the sense that I recovered a normal appearance but the growth was not full, nonetheless I survived very well with tons of Toppik for the front and skin makeup for the ridding and pitting existing in the skin of the temples. During this period I started laser sessions to improve these imperfections of the skin, the result of this sessions was good and helped to recover the skin of that area.
In this procedure were used 2.500 FUE grafts.
Photos.

DURING:
cache_2425400464.jpg
cache_2425400465.jpg
cache_2425400457.jpg

IMMEDIATELY AFTER
cache_2425400466.jpg

10 MONTHS AFTER
cache_2425400468.jpg

[line]

3rd. procedure 2006
-Performed in Belgium with Dr Bisanga, the objective was to improve the density and shape of the temples plus the correction of the strip scar on the back.
To improve the frontal area were collected another 2.000 grafts FUE.
The result of the scar revision was very good and despite the fact that was not completely invisible, the dimensions were sensibly lower and this definitely improved my life quality.
By contrast the result of the FUE in the front was poor and the design not good, so after all I needed another procedure....

Photos:

SCAR REVISION

Before
cache_2425400469.jpg

5 days
cache_2425400470.jpg

2.000 grafts FUE
DSC00090.jpg
DSC00091.jpg
DSC00092.jpg
DSC00096.jpg
DSC00097.jpg
DSC00098.jpg
DSC00099.jpg
DSC00103.jpg
DSC00104.jpg
DSC00105.jpg
DSC00106.jpg
DSC00107.jpg
DSC00108.jpg
DSC00109.jpg
DSC00110.jpg
DSC00111.jpg
DSC00119.jpg

[line]

4th. procedure 2009:-Performed in HDC Cyprus, the goal was to reinforce the same original area than always, temples with temporal peaks.

The doctor used 2.350 grafts and distributed among the temples, frontline and the temporals, we tried to cover as much as possible but doctor Michalis told me that the donor was not enough to achieve more extractions. I then convinced him to put some grafts from body in the scar, as a test, so he did and planted 50 grafts from the leg in the scar, nowadays I can say that most of them did not grew.

Photos

Final result of procedure with Bisanga and design for the new procedure with Michalis
Antesdelaoperacion2.jpg
Antesdelaoperacion3.jpg
Antesdelaoperacion4.jpg
Antesdelaoperacion5.jpg
Antesdelaoperacion6.jpg

During 1st. day
1erdia2.jpg
1erdia3.jpg
1erdia4.jpg
1erdia.jpg

2nd. day
2da2.jpg
2da3.jpg
2da4.jpg
2da.jpg

Donor
Antesdelaoperacion7.jpg
DSC00095.jpg
DSC00062.jpg

50 grafts Body Hair:
DSC00094.jpg
DSC00095.jpg

Final result of the procedure with Michalis.

The photos were taken in 2013 before I had an SMP treatment.
_MG_3667_zps18a7d078.jpg
_MG_3666_zpsgsdtosp9.jpg
_MG_3673_zpssn0hpi3o.jpg
_MG_3671_zpsxjkwgzeg.jpg

This is the scar with the hair at #zero
_MG_3677_zpsy8spdyng.jpg
_MG_3674_zpsaddzkann.jpg

This is during the SMP treatment
_MG_3681_zpshr3nk1ij.jpg
IMG_3683_zpsetgeas11.jpg
IMG_3682_zpsps8veeub.jpg

This was the result of the micropigmentation

DSC01942_zps898ed866.jpg

DSC01947_zpsfe3b52a3.jpg

DSC01958_zpscf54ff51.jpg

And this was in 2016 with very short hair
IMG_20160830_123233_zpslmrirqi8.jpg
IMG_20160830_123209_zpsxvb8eww7.jpg
IMG_20160830_123401_zpsa8vuc9gp.jpg

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Escar, good to see you back. Like a few of us old timers you`ve had a lot of procedures, usually to fix original work that wasn`t satisfactory. You`ve come a long way though, I hope you are happy now with how everything looks.
I never knew you had leg hair transplanted, how does it look? Also, what was the rough survival rate of it?

All the best.

Bm.

escar

escar

Hi Bigmac,

Thank you for your comments, regarding the leg they were very few grafts, around 50 and for what I've seen the growth was not good so the matter of the scar was still an issue for me.

Thus this way, after considering deeply and having in mind the obviousness that we just have this life, I decided to get back to the chair with the aim to try to improve the coverage of the scar and to improve the density and coverage of some points in the frontal area. The doctor chosen for my last procedure was Dr. Andrade in Madrid, a very talented and skilled doctor, I will update soon the details of my fifth and last procedure to date.

Regards

Last edited:
Pete from Farjo

Pete from Farjo

Valued member
That first pic is truly horrific. Glad things have turned round so well for you.

escar

escar

It seems that most of the photos were gone from the original thread so I think it can be a good idea to re-upload them to remind the new generation of hair transplant patients, how of important is to make the first step correctly, or you can find yourself struggling for many years trying to fix the initial mess.

Hi everybody,

It's a pleasure to come back to this forum and share my case, I noticed that after all these years I did not shared my case so here we go!

Everything started in 2003, I remember that after many years buzzing my head I decided to have a hair transplant and did a little research, and after a consult with a doctor in my area I scheduled a date for my upcoming procedure.

The day of the procedure there were four people, and I remember only to get asleep very early at the beginning of the procedure, with general anesthetic.... and after two hours, voilà ! the procedure were finished...... and the secretary/nurse/assistant/girlfriend was trying to wake me up from the anesthesia.

At that time they gave me a mirror so I could admire the good work, and then I realized my mistake ... but it was too late for me..
The fantastic four team were already changed their clothes and were ready to go for a dinner all together after a job well done!
So the nurse told me that I could go home ..... and I was very bad, cold, with tremors and dizziness, but I was sent home anyway, I remember that when I left the clinic I hit myself in the head with the door frame because I was completely stunned, and in that condition they left me alone in the door of the clinic, O I tried to go and catch the train back home and I remember that I vomited several times over the way, I'm sure that many people on that train recognized me, up today I do not remember their faces, just remember going on a cloud not very aware of what was happening around me.

Luckily I finally get home, and when my mother opened the door I remember to saw her almost fainted. The rest you can see it below...

1st. procedure 2003:- Nightmare with unpredictable consequences

Immediately after
cache_2425400452.jpg

6 months after:
cache_2425400463.jpg
cache_2425400462.jpg

10 months after:
cache_2425400467.jpg

1 Year after:
cache_2425400451.jpg

2nd. procedure 2004:-Performed at DHI Greece, with Doctor Zontos and Dr Bisanga together, they extracted the old plugs and the result was good in the sense that I recovered a normal appearance but the growth was not full, nonetheless I survived very well with tons of Toppik for the front and skin makeup for the ridding and pitting existing in the skin of the temples. During this period I started laser sessions to improve these imperfections of the skin, the result of this sessions was good and helped to recover the skin of that area.
In this procedure were used 2.500 FUE grafts.
Photos.

DURING:
cache_2425400464.jpg
cache_2425400465.jpg
cache_2425400457.jpg

IMMEDIATELY AFTER
cache_2425400466.jpg

10 MONTHS AFTER
cache_2425400468.jpg

[line]

Last edited:
escar

escar

3rd. procedure 2006
-Performed in Belgium with Dr Bisanga, the objective was to improve the density and shape of the temples plus the correction of the strip scar on the back.
To improve the frontal area were collected another 2.000 grafts FUE.
The result of the scar revision was very good and despite the fact that was not completely invisible, the dimensions were sensibly lower and this definitely improved my life quality.
By contrast the result of the FUE in the front was poor and the design not good, so after all I needed another procedure....

Photos:

SCAR REVISION

Before
cache_2425400469.jpg

5 days
cache_2425400470.jpg

2.000 grafts FUE
DSC00090.jpg
DSC00091.jpg
DSC00092.jpg
DSC00096.jpg
DSC00097.jpg
DSC00098.jpg
DSC00099.jpg
DSC00103.jpg
DSC00104.jpg
DSC00105.jpg
DSC00106.jpg
DSC00107.jpg
DSC00108.jpg
DSC00109.jpg
DSC00110.jpg
DSC00111.jpg
DSC00119.jpg

[line]

escar

escar

4th. procedure 2009:-Performed in HDC Cyprus, the goal was to reinforce the same original area than always, temples with temporal peaks.

The doctor used 2.350 grafts and distributed among the temples, frontline and the temporals, we tried to cover as much as possible but doctor Michalis told me that the donor was not enough to achieve more extractions. I then convinced him to put some grafts from body in the scar, as a test, so he did and planted 50 grafts from the leg in the scar, nowadays I can say that most of them did not grew.

Photos

Final result of procedure with Bisanga and design for the new procedure in HDC
Antesdelaoperacion2.jpg
Antesdelaoperacion3.jpg
Antesdelaoperacion4.jpg
Antesdelaoperacion5.jpg
Antesdelaoperacion6.jpg

During 1st. day
1erdia2.jpg
1erdia3.jpg
1erdia4.jpg
1erdia.jpg

2nd. day
2da2.jpg
2da3.jpg
2da4.jpg
2da.jpg

Donor
Antesdelaoperacion7.jpg
DSC00095.jpg
DSC00062.jpg

50 grafts Body Hair:
DSC00094.jpg
DSC00095.jpg

escar

escar

SMP treatment in 2013
_MG_3667_zps18a7d078.jpg
_MG_3666_zpsgsdtosp9.jpg
_MG_3673_zpssn0hpi3o.jpg
_MG_3671_zpsxjkwgzeg.jpg

This is the scar with the hair at #zero
_MG_3677_zpsy8spdyng.jpg
_MG_3674_zpsaddzkann.jpg

This is during the SMP treatment
_MG_3681_zpshr3nk1ij.jpg
IMG_3683_zpsetgeas11.jpg
IMG_3682_zpsps8veeub.jpg

This was the result of the micropigmentation

DSC01942_zps898ed866.jpg

DSC01947_zpsfe3b52a3.jpg

DSC01958_zpscf54ff51.jpg

And this was in 2016 with very short hair
IMG_20160830_123233_zpslmrirqi8.jpg
IMG_20160830_123209_zpsxvb8eww7.jpg
IMG_20160830_123401_zpsa8vuc9gp.jpg

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Hi Escar dude...been a long time it's so good to hear from you on here again pal. I remember reading about all your surgeries when the happened but I'll be honest I'd forgot just how bad your starting point was. I agree with Pete the first surgery was horrific. You've come a long way though which is such a relief as it must have been hell living with that first result. I know you've helped many people over the years too....your one of the good guys imo so it's cool to see you posting again :)

escar

escar

Thank you my friend, I remember when you started this forum, and look at it now!, congratulations.

To be honest my first procedure it was a life challenging experience, after this nothing could be the same so while in my suffering I decided to fix it and change my bad reality instead to remain in hell forever.

Remember guys, first procedure is a life changing experience!

Pete from Farjo

Pete from Farjo

Valued member
What a transformation. Congrats. That short style looks great and low maintenance as well!

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Thank you my friend, I remember when you started this forum, and look at it now!, congratulations.
!
Hi pal i think your getting me confused with Bigmac buddy, he started the forum and continues to do an amazing job to this day. I was posting on it from the beginning and will always contribute to it as its helped me immensely over the years but its Bigmacs baby not mine dude (I agree the forums come such a long way though) .....your recent pictures are incredible I agree with Pete the short cut really does suit you. Do you find the smp helps at all when the hair is very short? Not taking anything away from your transplants though as the repair work has got you to a much better place and you look great these days.
Truly happy for you and you deserve it especially considering how many people you've helped over the years.
Best wishes BN

escar

escar

Hi Bullitnut, yes you are right, I mixed the names. I remember that we were in touch when this forum started, time flyes :D

Regarding the SMP, we took some images with the proscope couple of years ago and all the ink were gone, which is the idea, otherwise would have been a tattoo :eek: But I think that smp definitely can help in many many cases and situations, its a powerful resource to fight the visual aspect of alopecia in my opinion.

Thank you for your kind words, the best to you also ;)

baldasabadger10

baldasabadger10

Valued member
Regarding the SMP, we took some images with the proscope couple of years ago and all the ink were gone, which is the idea, otherwise would have been a tattoo :eek:

Do you mind if i ask what a proscope is? Did you have the temp scalp micro pigmentation done Escar at HIS or was it the permanent variety that just faded completely?

Completely in agreement with Bullitnut and Pete though you look great now.;)

escar

escar

Do you mind if i ask what a proscope is? Did you have the temp scalp micro pigmentation done Escar at HIS or was it the permanent variety that just faded completely?

Completely in agreement with Bullitnut and Pete though you look great now.;)

Hi baldasabadger10, of course I don't mind if you ask, my pleasure to help, ;), the proscope is like a microscope but specially designed to examine surfaces like the skin, scalp, etc..

Regarding your question, my SMP was the type of non permanente, which means that it can fade completely after some time. The semi permanent or similar means that this will never fade completely which is not good in my opinion because with the time the dots will tend to expand and become bigger or just you can change your mind regarding the design or the SMP itself.

Thank you for the good comments.

Felixe

Felixe

valued member
What an interesting read Mr Escar. Thanks for posting it.

scepticsausage

scepticsausage

Your first Transplant is like something from a nightmare:cry:, glad you got fixed up in the end though.