• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Clipping head after a hair transplant

F

Forelock

How long after a hair transplant before it's okay to clip your hair? I don't want to compromize anything by doing it too soon.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
The time frames vary from clinic to clinic but I’ve seen this question asked many times and I’d say the average is around 4 weeks. No harm will come to the grafts.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
How can clipping your hair after a transplant cause any problems? Not related to transplanted hairs but something I think is relevant from my own hair cuts is clipping to short hair causes no problems but shaving to the bone with a razor gives me ingrown hairs that turn into spots. Some are sore and quite big that take over a week to clear. I don’t shave down anymore for these reasons.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Kevboy, clipping your hair after a HT will not do any harm as long as you wait long enough for the area to heal and grafts secured. As you quite rightly point out, irritation to the scalp is a concern but most if not all people will not be shaving bald.

Dr. Özlem Biçer

Dr. Özlem Biçer

Valued member
We usually say wait one month after your hair transplant.

G

GMK

Hi i have undergone Fue hair transplant before 26days i have an issue while washing my hair with shampoo... i could not wash out shampoo from my scalp even after long wash... my scalp looks oily and greasy... will this affect my HT any safe way to get rid of residue in my scalp.

Attachments

• 20200923_230607.jpg
    20200923_230607.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 91
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
GMK. This is a thread on hair clipping. It`s best if you start your own thread on washing your scalp.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Click on the section such as general hair loss. Then you will see post thread in blue. Click post thread. Fill in title, write your text.

Attachments

• 43FB16D0-1A49-40D0-BE3D-90CE8B4C8C45.jpeg
    43FB16D0-1A49-40D0-BE3D-90CE8B4C8C45.jpeg
    72.3 KB · Views: 87