• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Cracks in hairs after hair transplant (6day)

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Yea I've seen similar post op conditions to yours and they've turned out ok. Did you do any research on your doctor before going ahead with surgery?

R

Rajesh759800

Valued member
Yes, I did that and that doctor is one of the best and suggested by some other doctors as well.so, wht should i do..is this something very serious or it is normsl?

Last edited:
R

Rajesh759800

Valued member
Thnkx for your replies guys.. Now on th day i have started my area clean more by doing shampoo (jhonson baby shampoo) twice a day nd sprayimg water in every 30-40 min..now crust is gng slowly slowly withiut any graph...so is tgat a good sign or not? Also, is the planted area will get plain before getting new hairs or the same planted hairs can also grow?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You only need to wash your hair once per day, after ten days let the shampoo soak in and give it a firm massage before washing it off. Spraying water to the area at this stage is pointless, just shower the scabs away.
In some case`s your transplanted hair will continue to grow but for the vast majority it will fall out approximately 14 days post op.
Growth and result wise, you will just have to wait and see now.
Best of luck.

R

Rajesh759800

Valued member
After 25days...howz it??

Attachments

• IMG20170716140139.jpg
    IMG20170716140139.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 2,732
nitesh

nitesh

Valued member
Hi rajesh

On completing approx 12 days , rub your head and clear this crust.

i had gone surgery on 6 july 2012 , will post my pic

Nitesh

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
It looks better than it was but you still have lingering scabs that should have gone by now.
You need to let the shampoo soak in and don't be afraid to be more firm when massaging whilst shampooing as your grafts are secure at this stage and it's probably just your apprehension to massage that's keeping them there....it can be scary thinking you will damage the grafts by being too firm... but honestly you really do need to be a bit firmer when shampooing in my opinion.
Some clinics suggest applying conditioner to the crusty/scabby area fifteen mins before shampooing to help soften them dude.

R

Rajesh759800

Valued member
Whn i m putting dis scrab out it comes with some hairs in it...is it the roots??

R

Rajesh759800

Valued member
Current pic

Attachments

• IMG20170722145941.jpg
    IMG20170722145941.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 2,068
janna

janna

Valuable Member
You have a lot of scabs that have formed and the cracks is to be expected due to dry healing rather than wet healing. Are you shampooing once a day? You can shampoo more often. It's normal to scab but the scabs should be gone by now. You're likely to be too gentle. It's fine to see hairs in the scabs, the roots stay intact.

Can you post a new current picture?

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
they call that 'rivering' as Janna says it's normal with dry healing, I dry healed on my first few ht's and they grew.

A

Austin

As you said after HT you get cracks on 6th day. I am not sure what kind of hair transplant you had done. As you said cracks it might be scar if you get done FUT hair transplantation. It is normal in case of FUT hair transplant. But in FUE you don't get any scar . If you got FUE hair transplant than it might be serious if you had scars after hair transplantation. You must be serious about Scars and go for a checkup to your doctor or surgeon. They help you better.

R

Rajesh759800

Valued member
New pics

Attachments

• IMG_20170904_205421.jpg
    IMG_20170904_205421.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 1,855
R

Rajesh759800

Valued member
One more

Attachments

• IMG20170904121516.jpg
    IMG20170904121516.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1,823
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It all looks pretty normal to me. Now you just got to wait for that new growth to begin.

M

MaherRiyadh

Hi Rajesh, how is your hair now ? I'm also on day 6 and I have lines like what you had, how is it now with those lines? did the hair grow up there?

F

Forelock

His head resembled one of the eggs from the Alien movie. Were there that many scabs and crusts because not enough aftercare with saline spraying? At least it became good for the OP.