• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Crown hair transplant

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
How many people have opted for a crown only transplant with the hope that Finasteride prevents further hair loss progression? I'll be coming up to a year of using Finasteride and thinking should I go down the Fue route not really knowing if my loss has stabilised. If I got in the region of 2000 grafts I think that would be enough to cover my crown to stop it looking bald.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Kevboy.
I had a few failed attempts on my crown prior to starting finasteride. In 2005 I began using it. Then in 2008 I had my first repair surgery after 3 years of using Fin.
it has maintained my hair and I believe has regrown dormant follicles.
You can see me here after 12 years.
https://www.hairlossexperiences.com...-12-years-after-my-first-repair-surgery.8960/
To answer your question. Yes it can be done but there is the risk of you losing more hair. Then you will most likely need another HT.

JoeTillman

JoeTillman

Valued member
If you don't have an idea as to the efficacy, I think you should take photos today and wait another year to take new photos and compare. You really shouldn't be going into this without knowing one way or the other.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
Here are photos that were taken today. Comparing them to photos I posted on my original topic I think my hair looks the same. This is a good thing if the loss has stabilised.
What do you think?

Crown FUE hair transplant.jpeg
crown hair transplant.jpeg

My photos from 11 months ago.

crown looking thin.png
crown.png

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Kevboy. It looks like the frontal half has some improvement, hard to say for the crown. It does not look as though the crown has suffered more loss which could be the Finasteride working. Stabilising the loss is important especially if you`re considering a hair transplant.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
Thanks Bigmac I was thinking the same. I might add a few more products to my regimen. Is there any that you would recommend?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You could try Minoxidil but just like Finasteride it has to be used for a lifetime if it works and you want to keep what gains you make. There are other treatments such as PRP and Exosomes, some people have success with these.
Things like Biotin and MSM help to speed up hair growth. You could look at healthier eating if you don`t already.

R

Rolandas

Perhaps worth mentioning Microneedling as recently there was a lot of amazing results coming out for the crown. In my opinion if you're using Minoxidil, you should be doing microneedling as well to give a great boost.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
Here is how many hair looks now. I think it is continuing to improve with Finasteride.
No hair wash or styling, just how it looks when I get out of bed.

31A6A722-474C-496A-B8BB-E35E10A13C2E.jpeg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looking good Kev. Any chance you could add a picture showing your crown swirl?

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
Thanks BM. Will add some photos when the weather improves.

Techno1

Techno1

You might see further improvements by adding oral minoxidil or the foam.

S

smokeybacon

Are you using the fin 1mg daily? Have you considered dutasteride as an option?

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
I am happy with Finasteride for now with it working. If I start to see more loss I will consider adding or switching other stuff.