• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Cutting Proscar video

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Cutting a Proscar 5mg pill into fifths. The other pill is Propecia 1mg which does not need to be cut

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/MJT0VLLQrcU&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

cutting a Proscar 5mg pill into quarters

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/9979s1Lf0Q8&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
When cutting a Proscar Pill it is advised to cut a pill as you use it as some say it may lose some potencey.

I personally cut a pill into fifths and store the segments in an air tight medicine bottle.

This way i`m consuming the pill within five days.

bm.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
In the US, I know there is an actual pill cutting device you can purchase at the drug store. Many of our patients say they purchased one and makes cutting the pills a very simple task. Dr. Ron's economical version is to break one pill in half with your hands and then bite one of those half pills again in half. Break or bite off as you need each day and not cut the pills ahead of time. I'd personally prefer the cutting device or as shown in the video BM has provided above.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I`m too tight to purchase a pill cutter so its the spud peeling knife way for me.

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

MMMmM proscar my favorite snack of the day. The 1/4 pieces are so tiny I wonder how they can even do anything (?). Seriously, it feels like I'm swallowing some crumb/fragment of actual medication. Is the medication really THAT potent? I guess it must be since so many dr.'s prescribe it this way, sometimes I just wonder if I'd be better off taking propecia as opposed to crumbs of proscar.

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
Oh so thats how you cut them up, i've been using a rusty nail to break'em into piece's.;;D

Last edited:
janna

janna

Valuable Member
NotGoing2GoBald wrote:
I just wonder if I'd be better off taking propecia as opposed to crumbs of proscar.
If money is not a factor - then by all means Propecia is the way to go. You know for certain you are getting the 1mg each time, which is supposed to be the optimal dosage.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Pill cutters only cost a couple of pounds/dollars but most will only cut into half,then half again so the pill is quartered.

Attachments

• PSP300.jpg
    PSP300.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 3,851
F

folliclediabolical

Valued member
Guy's,how on earth dyou manage cutting these pills into 5 pieces? also,my gp thinks that cutting this type of pill is a bad idea anyway due to it disintegrating before it reaches the stomach?

Ive managed to get them on private prescription from my gp nice and cheap for the 5mg tab's,but its a white pill,slightly smaller than the one in the youtube video above and seems to just crumble into powder after the 2nd cut,i think i might just get another prescription for the 1mg tab to save a lot of hassle,cheers

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I find it easy cutting them with a sharp knife as shown in my video.Not sure why the ones you have crumble.

bm

F

folliclediabolical

Valued member
Thanks,its working better with a craft knive,i can manage 4 pieces without crumbling so just shave a bit off each.

Dyou think taking broken pieces of proscar is worth it though,dont they dissolve before reaching the stomach

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I guess they are still in your system if they dissolve before hitting your stomach as there are meds for other things which dissolve.

Also the main part will be in your stomach and any powdered residue should be minimal.

bm.

F

Frank4545

I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Proscar) - onlinecheappills.comI recieved my pills within one week of ordering them.
P.S. 5% discount coupon code: 4y3g6f4k