• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Day one pictures. 24 years old 2000 grafts FUE

R

robbyt513

Wanted to share some photos on here. I am 24 years old with aggressive hair loss. Because of my age, my doctor decided it would be best to take a conservative approach. the 2000 grafts were used to fill in the hairline and frontal 1/3 of the scalp. Some time down the road i plan on filling in my crown.

Attachments

• before.PNG
    before.PNG
    257.7 KB · Views: 452
  • before hairline.PNG
    before hairline.PNG
    293.6 KB · Views: 424
  • before.jpg
    before.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 480
  • frontal.jpg
    frontal.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 482
  • top frontal.jpg
    top frontal.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 628
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 535
  • donor.jpg
    donor.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 516
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Robby.
Your hair loss pattern could be diffuse thinning which is quite unpredictable. Are you using any hair loss meds?
With you being young it`s good to see the doctor has taken into consideration possible future loss and used a conservative number of grafts.

R

robbyt513

I am currently using finasteride. It has been helping me maintain what I have. What are your thoughts on the new hairline placement? I went into the consultation wanting it a bit lower, But I feel this one will look the most natural.

M

Matt88

Hey Robby, the hairline placement looks great, will grow out to be very natural and suit you in years to come. I think it's completely normal for people to want to have it lower, but the conservative approach is best because of possible future hair loss. When the hair starts to grow out and with more density, that should help with any doubts (which would be completely normal to have).

R

robbyt513

Thanks for this, Matt! I went with a doctor who is well respected in the area, so I figured he knew what was best for me and I trusted him. The final placement has really been growing on me ( no pun intended!) and I am excited for the next 6+ months!

M

Matt88

Thanks for this, Matt! I went with a doctor who is well respected in the area, so I figured he knew what was best for me and I trusted him. The final placement has really been growing on me ( no pun intended!) and I am excited for the next 6+ months!
I'm glad you're looking forward to having a new had of hair, mate! And I enjoyed the pun . I'd say your doctor has been spot on here and you made the right choice!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I am currently using finasteride. It has been helping me maintain what I have. What are your thoughts on the new hairline placement? I went into the consultation wanting it a bit lower, But I feel this one will look the most natural.

Hi Robby. Good to hear the Finasteride is maintaining your hair. How long have you been using it?
I think the hairline placement looks good. It's hard to estimate the density as the grafts are hard to see. Going lower could have disastrous effects as you age but where is it now will be fine.

R

robbyt513

Thanks for your thoughts on the hairline placement. I agree it should come in looking nice and natural! To answer your question. I have been using finasteride for a little over 2 years

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
With some luck, the Finasteride will continue to work for many years to come eliminating the need for further surgery. Once this HT has reached 12 months you may be very happy and feel you don`t need anything else done.

Bongo

Bongo

Thanks for your thoughts on the hairline placement. I agree it should come in looking nice and natural! To answer your question. I have been using finasteride for a little over 2 years
Hi Robby, congrats on your procedure and sensible hairline design. I’ve probably missed this but where did you have your HT? Happy growing, Bongo.

R

robbyt513

With some luck, the Finasteride will continue to work for many years to come eliminating the need for further surgery. Once this HT has reached 12 months you may be very happy and feel you don`t need anything else done.
Let's hope so! I am curious to see what kind of coverage I get with a modest 2000 grafts.

R

robbyt513

Hi Robby, congrats on your procedure and sensible hairline design. I’ve probably missed this but where did you have your HT? Happy growing, Bongo.
Thanks Bongo. I had it done in Chicago with Dr. Vladimir Panine

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
2000 only seems modest when compared to the larger surgeries.
I’ve actually met your doctor and chatted to him on a few occasions.
Some doctors can achieve more with less.
I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

R

robbyt513

2000 only seems modest when compared to the larger surgeries.
I’ve actually met your doctor and chatted to him on a few occasions.
Some doctors can achieve more with less.
I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
Hi Big mac, I am sure being anxious is very normal but to me, do you think I will get a full, defined hairline judging by this picture? From this picture, it looks more sparse compared to the other side. I am sure I am just thinking too much. interested to get ur thoughts though. it's worth mentioning my doc said I had less hair loss on this side of the hairline than the other

Attachments

• IMG_9256.jpg
    IMG_9256.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_9256(1).jpg
    IMG_9256(1).jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 320
R

robbyt513

Hi Big mac, I am sure being anxious is very normal but to me, do you think I will get a full, defined hairline judging by this picture? From this picture, it looks more sparse compared to the other side. I am sure I am just thinking too much. interested to get ur thoughts though. it's worth mentioning my doc said I had less hair loss on this side of the hairline than the other
For comparison, here is my left side

Attachments

• IMG_9456.jpg
    IMG_9456.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 342
B

Baldingman23

Valued member
It is normal for one side to grow quicker than the other. My left side has grown quicker than my right

Bongo

Bongo

In my view (for what it’s worth) the placement looks pretty even. You’ve got to remember you’re looking with the naked eye, the surgeon would have been looking through a microscope when allocating and placing them, I don’t think you’ve got anything to worry about. And if it’s any consolation I’ve had the same thoughts after all 3 of my surgeries but the placement has been fine. Easy for me to say but try not to over analyse until the growth phase

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Many people are anxious as it`s a life changing operation you`ve had. You look to have receded more on your left side which is why more grafts were placed there. Once grown in both sides should look similar and natural.
Ask your doctor for the density he placed at.
Here is your pre op picture that shows the uneven hairline prior to your surgery.

before.PNG