• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

dazza uk - 4th HT/ Dr Ron Shapiro

D

dazza uk

Valued member
Hi All,

Well this has been one hell of a long HT journey, 4 HTs in total.

This was my first HT with Dr R Shapiro. I will give brief history of my other HTs at end of my write up.

Once i had decided to go to smg, i searched around the web for the best prices i could get for flights and got a great price through expedia, £363 for a return flight and it was a direct flight;). And i stayed at the La Quinta Inn which was only about 4mins from smg. V nice place to stay, friendly staff, big clean rooms and free shuttle to and from airport.

Skip forward to landing in the US and matt from smg picked me up from the airport, thanks. That eve just relaxed and watched tv in my room.

The next day i went to The Mall of America via the free shuttle, and wow what a hugh place it is. 4 floors of shops and restaurants with a fair in the middle of the mall !! Make sure you take plenty of extra spending money;). Got back to the hotel and rested up for the following day, surgery day.

Woke around 7ish, had breakfast, shower and then my nerves kicked in! Janna called as she was gonna pick me up but got caught up in traffic, they had major snow storms but said Dr Ron would pick me up. 10mins later the Doc picked me up and 4mins later at his office.

At smg Dr R and i had a chat about what i wanted to achieve, there was no rush, he gave me options and his manner puts you at ease, so i was feeling alot less nervous.The plan was to remove the whole of my top scar and add 1500G to and around the hairline to make it more natural looking also to remove the 2hair grfts from the hairline plus lazer them to make sure they dont come back. By this time the techs were in and i spoke to Janna, who i have to say was a star in helping make my 4th HT possible.

So the surgery itself was pretty much painless, but to be painless you need the injections. They used a vibrating tool as they injected, so it didnt sting to bad, plus you get a massage at the same time;)! The only problem i had during surgery was that i was a bleeder even tho i had no alcohol for 2 weeks prior surgery and had none of the medications i shouldnt of. Most people know what happens during surgery so i will skip that part. At the end of surgery the dr made sure i was happy with the hairline etc and all looked good. I came back the second day and as was planned on the first day i had some coarse ht hair in my left temple lazered out, the plan for this is that when it grows back it should have a smoother texture, also had a hair wash. Came back on the 3rd day for another hair wash, had a chat with Dr Ron and hopefully will go back in a year or so to tackle my big low scar from my 1st HT.

To sum things up, my experience at smg was fantastic, to have had Dr R Shapiro one of the worlds leading HT experts do my HT im confident my results will be great.

Big thanks to Janna too, who answered all my Qs and helped when ever i had a problem.

1st HT- Hospital Group-march06-750g, left me with BIG low scar!

2nd HT Dr Rogers-nov06-1500g

3rd HT-Dr Feller-oct07-2000g

4th HT-Dr R Shapiro-1500g

Dazza uk

C

Cloud

Valued member
Hi Dazza !

How are you?

Hope everything will be good for you !

Do you will post your pre-op / post-op pics?

All the best,

Cloud.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Dazza.

You trying to have more HT s than me.

Just messing, i`m glad you`ve had a great experience and hopefully this will be your final procedure.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

Heal and grow well mate

bm.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi Dazza,

Here are your before and after pics. Your graft/hair breakdown is below your pics. Heal and grow well.

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide6.jpg

Slide8.jpg

Slide9.jpg

Slide10.jpg

Slide11.jpg

Slide12.jpg

Slide13.jpg

Slide14.jpg

Slide15.jpg

Attachments

• image002.gif.jpg
    image002.gif.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 2,048
janna

janna

Valuable Member
Bigmac,

Dazza will be coming back one more time to SMG to revise his very wide donor scar he received from previous work. So he's definately catching up to you. It would have been nice to do everything at once but that wasn't possible. We achieved our inital goal we set with graft count and punching out some hairs that he didn't like. Dazza is realistic and knows he should save some donor for future loss. Dr. Ron felt there's approx. 3000 grafts left in donor bank.

This week we had Patients from UK on Monday and Wednesday and a French patient on Tuesday. All top patients. Very nice dealing with them.

D

dazza uk

Valued member
Hi Cloud,

Great to hear from you mate,

Im good thanks, bit sore buts thats expected. Janna has posted my pics, im pretty useless at stuff like that;;D!

Hope your doing well.

Bigmac- hopefully this will be my last, or at least for many years apart from getting the low wide scar sorted.

Janna- It was great to meet you and Thanks for posting my pics ¬b`.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Janna for adding the pictures,the work looks great,like Clouds it will be easy to conceal.

Dazza,you do have some pretty bad scarring,hopefully getting more revised out and maybe some fue into parts will sort it out or at least make it less visible.

How is your scalp for laxity now,did Dr Ron say.

Take care bm.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Dazza--looks great. Glad to hear that all went well. To be expected with SMG. You will be in perfect shape shortly. The lower scar certainly is low and wide but I would think that it can be sorted also and then things will be stellar.

I did note a couple of things in your write up:

1. Janna is like most woman in the morning. How did Dr. Ron make it on time? Good thing she is so cute.

2. Recently SMG has had a few patients from this site. Very cool to see.

NN

D

dazza uk

Valued member
Im sure Dr ron said i have good laxity, the scars realy piss me off;;::::/ hopefully the new scar will heal well and be thin. Then hope to get the big scar sorted.

NN- how did Dr ron make it on time, what do you mean?????????

Yes there does seem to be a few people from this forum going to smg, not surprising being a world class clinic as you know.:::C

Last edited:
Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
;) Just me being a sarcastic prick and indicating that Janna likely took forever getting ready in the morning to get so beautiful and then just blamed the traffic and snow for her tardiness. :T:

NN

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Nervousnelly wrote:
1. Janna is like most woman in the morning. How did Dr. Ron make it on time? Good thing she is so cute.
I see you're trying to rattle my chains. Did you read there was a snow storm? I was 1/2 hour late because of it. Sat in traffic for an hour and 1/2. Dr. Ron lives a lot closer to the clinic than I do. We had two solid days of snow.....not fun. Fortunately, our surgeries went smoothly despite the storm. I ended up bypassing the late traffic home the first day by making Dazza have dinner with me and next day's patient. Much more pleasant than sitting in traffic.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
::}{: Ha Ha. Apparently it worked. I did rattle some chains. You are a good sport.

NN

north country boy

north country boy

Valued member
looking good dazza, takes me back 13 months when i was in the chair.

have shapiro changed hotels (country inn) and how much was la quinta a night

hope it all works out for you

janna

janna

Valuable Member
NN, You're lucky I'm a good sport or else >C>::

Hey NCB,

Country Inn & Suites still offer their special rate to SMG patients but so does LaQuinta now. They are the hotel directly acadmin the street from Country Inn. They have all the same amenities and shuttle services. I've been working with LaQuinta to offer special rates for our patients and finally worked out a deal. Our patients get 10% off their lowest rates. Their rates change depending on their availabilty. January and February happens to be their slowest months so the rate after the discount came to around $55 per night for those months. It's a very good rate and I've referred many of our patients to them now. I've been checking rates for March and April and their rates increased to around $75-$80 per night. You enter SHAPMED in the "Promotional/Corporate Rate" section. Their site address is http://www.lq.com.

The travel sites such as, Travelocity and Expedia, will have special combo rates too so you should check all options before comfirming.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
work looks fantastic as always from SMG, your great experience echoes mine too dude;). I'm thrilled for you buddy and can't wait to follow your progress.

Pictures are great too as ever janna ¬b`

re lazer.... don't know much about this topic , how long before they grow back ?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Dazza.

I see you have got sutures,how do they compare to the staples.

bm.

D

dazza uk

Valued member
Bul- if i remember right the hair that was lasered in the temple area should start to grow back about the 3rd month mark.

Bigmac- i had staples with my 3rd ht. Sutures with this ht, agin im not 100% sure( i did ask the dr but cant remember;;D) i think the reson might have been due to laxityc;;9.

Hey Janna, next time i want a candle lit table for two! ;)

Last edited:
D

dazza uk

Valued member
Quick update,

Had my sutures out this morning, was a bit sore but all is ok. The nurse said to get some antiseptic wipes to dab on the scar area to keep it nice and clean. Anyone else done this?
Cheers.

I

ian

Valued member
hi dazza. i like the design of the hairline, what areas have you had the previous hts, just curious is all.