• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Do I go for another transplant or try scalp micropigmentation

N

Newman

I need your opinions, guys. I can't think what is best to do next.
I went to Turkey (ASMED) in 2017 and had 2500 FUE transplant, mostly on the temples and to restore my hairline. It has improved things but I still feel it's thin, especially in strong light. I avoid windy weather etc. When I go out, I use the thickener spray and I am very self-conscious. I am using finasteride daily but my hair comes out far too easily even so in my opinion. The whole thing is getting me down. When I look in the mirror, it's the first thing I notice about myself. It affects my social life. Everything.
I hated walking through the airport in Turkey with my swollen head for the return flight back to the UK so I was considering the Maitland clinic in the UK. Trouble is, the cost. And I don't know whether I'd shell out £10k for something that falls out putting me back to square one.
Before all that, I wanted your opinion. Is it worthwhile going back for a second transplant? It's not the cost so much as the months spent styling out a scabby head and avoiding going out as well as the risk that the second one won't work. I worry that, a year from now, I will still look in the mirror and see the gaps on my temples and crown. But, ffs, I am only 27. I'm not ready to just put up with it. Have any of you been for a second transplant and found that it fixed the problem?
There is another option and I'm not sure what to think about it. I still have a lot of hair and a military buzz cut isn't really my thing but people seem to like the results of scalp micropigmentation. Does anyone have that done AND grow their hair? If so, do you like the results?
I want to do something in 2021 so that I can restart my life because at the moment I am only half living it. Your advice would be much appreciated.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Do you have any pictures of before your HT and after your HT so we can what is needed

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Newman.
As Baldingman has asked, could we are some before and after pictures of your situation?
You say trouble is the cost. Then you say cost is not an issue.
Are you using hair loss meds? Is it transplanted or native hair you're saying is falling out?

P

Philwhitehouseuk

I am in the same situation as u
Had 3 hair transplants all I had was a receding hairline
Angles stick outwards
Thin see through appearance
And its triggered more hairloss
Also I have 2 strip scars
Dont know what to say to u
Dont rush into anything though

Y

yogeshmander

OK, its over three years to your first transplant, which is enough time for successful transplant. Hire the another skilled dermatologist who can examine the thin hair reason & sure to fix your hair issue.

N

Newman

I will post some images of pre and post transplant hair. Just need to go and find the ones before the transplant.

N

Newman

This was my pre-transplant hair. I had 2500 FUE in Turkey in 2017.

Pre transplant.jpg

N

Newman

This was my hair three years after the transplant. I also feel that I am thinning on my crown.
Going back to my original post, do I go again for more FUE transplant work? Or would scalp micropigmentation be a better route?
Would like to hear any views.

Post transplant.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Have you pictures of post op placement and a picture with your hair lifted up to show your hairline?
It's possible you're losing more native hair. Have you a picture of your crown?
The transplanted hair should not be falling out.
Have you been in touch with Asmed?

P

Philwhitehouseuk

On the positive ur transplant looks natural
Total understand where u are coming from though
I've seen smp with hair that is longer,to me it looks kinda strange looking,just something off about it
Deffo keep on the meds
Remember hair transplants only give u so much density
Hair transplants will always look thin cos it's not natures way
Sometimes a shorter style can work
When u see guys on the websites showing there hair transplant it's always styled to get the best looking result
Keep researching though and try get a surgeon who totally knows what u are looking for
All the best

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic FUE and SMP
Hi Newman,

If you have been using Finasteride for a longer period of time now and you experience hair loss I would highly recommend doing a hair DNA test. Maybe Finasteride does not work, or works only limited in your case.
This can be easily detected now.
The results will show you which molecules work best for you.

If you think this is interesting for you to find out, please PM me.

Bart