• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Does this look right?

D

deane95

I am nine days post op and have been more than happy with how my recovery has gone so far. However, yesterday I noticed these gaps in the transplanted area of the new hairline and begun to get a bit worried. I started washing with a very delicate massaging movement with my fingers yesterday and believe some scabs may have fallen off. I am hoping these empty gaps are just where the grafts have fallen off along with scabs but wanted to get other opinions on whether I should be worried or not. Thanks! :)

20230314_231532.jpg
20230314_231557.jpg
20230315_155301.jpg
20230315_155308.jpg
20230315_161922.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It could be just your normal healing with the grafts shedding. I’d need to see an immediate post-op picture to see if grafts were placed there.
How many grafts did you receive?

D

deane95

Hi Bigmac

I have attached two photos of straight after and the day after my procedure. I'm afraid I didn't take close photos specifically of the areas i'm worried about but circled where they are. Have been told it could be scab cracking and shedding but wanted to ease my mind haha
I had just over 1500 grafts

20230308_094619.jpg
20230306_161054-1.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
On those pictures it looks as though grafts were placed there. Did the clinic take pictures? If so, you should request them.

I

Im new here

I have seen this on mine and other peoples threads. when the scabs come off they take some hairs. From your post op photo they put grafts there so unless you had some blood there any day you shouldn’t have lost them

D

deane95

Thanks for the replies! Yeah there was no blood so am assuming the hairs just went when the scabs came off. Guess I just always find the smallest thing to worry about haha

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
If it is a gap it will look like an irregularity that loads of hairlines have.

F

Filename Arial

Your post surgical image has grafts in the area… nothing to worry about.