• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Donor area

S

Simon14

Hello, I had a FUE 10 days ago, I want to know if my donor area look normal or there is something wrong. Surgery is about 3000 grafts or les. It’s still not fully healed (wounds are still in place) and haven’t wash it yet, only rince it. Will it have a normal look in the next months?

E0BBA032-6523-42C2-A621-5BBC905A91D5.jpeg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like your skin has healed well. Do you have more pictures showing the extractions?
Why have you not washed your hair yet?

S

Simon14

Today is the first day I wash with shampoo, they told me to to apply fudicin and bandage for the first few days. Anyway what matters to me is having the normal look in few months or so, I surfed the internet and saw many cases telling about over harvest and shock loss so I got affraid and panic

S

Simon14

Might I have ruined something for not washing earlier? Plz don’t get confused about the patchy areas with crusts. There are crusts that look like patchy areas.

425F2172-71E9-4B25-A595-958ECAC24422.jpeg
D16E9242-1070-4F9D-A152-73A540119F48.jpeg

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
They have removed all the grafts from the prime area. They should have spread the extractions out more. Your hair may be visibly thinner in this extraction area. Once the area fully recovers you’ll be in a better position to see.

S

Simon14

So it will definitely look better than that right? I don’t mind having tiny scars but what matters is that it will be better than that.. thanks

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You will have to wait and see. Did the clinic tell you what your donor density was? Have you any immediate post op pictures showing the extraction holes?

S

Simon14

They told me that my donor is very dense and good for extraction, and no unfortunately I have no pictures

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Did the clinic take pictures? If so, ask them to send to you.
Saying your hair is very dense is not too helpful. Anyone could state that.

S

Simon14

One thing I forgot to mention is that I am taking PRP sessions along so it should help with the donor issue I suppose

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Prp is not guaranteed to do anything. You’ll just have to wait and see how it looks as you progress.