• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

dont think minoxidil is working (pics)

C

cal23345

Hi ive been using rogaine for atleast 5 months now once a day, and i dont think its working. Could be haircut bur the little hairs on my hairline look like they fell out the month or so.
what do you think? i was gunna delay using fin if minoxodil halted my hairloss atleast but if not i guess i’ll have to fasttrack that idea.

4A8EEE50-778C-4162-B467-08A375465E9A.png
1D578084-380E-45D5-A145-0772F186526E.png

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Your hairline looks ok in those pictures but it's quite difficult to really judge with it being so close. You could have some slight thinning.
Maybe a picture a bit further away.
How old are you?

C

cal23345

Your hairline looks ok in those pictures but it's quite difficult to really judge with it being so close. You could have some slight thinning.
Maybe a picture a bit further away.
How old are you?
im 22, had a shit hairline for ages but i think im getting worse just from observation. I could post pics of older but id have to go on my pc.

I have a pretty weird hairshape, and i look norwood 2 i think maybe?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
If you could post some it will help to give a better opinion.

C

cal23345

should mention hairloss runs in my family, my dad was pretty much bald by the time he was 40

C

Coopman

Valued member
The Rogaine may have halted your hairloss, but not managed to produce any regrowth.

If you stop using Rogaine any of those hairs which are Rogaine dependent will fall out.

I would keep using it and take regular photos of your hair. (Photos in same lighting and same location). If and when you notice things getting worse you can jump on Fin which is more of a maintaining your hair drug but could have side effects.

Personally looking at your photos I would say you have slight recession and are in the very early stages of Male pattern baldness. Looking at the side profile photo it looks like your temples are effected. Your goal should be to retain as to the average person on the street your hairline is perfectly fine.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with Coopman's opinion.
There are many guys in your age bracket with similar hairlines which are totally natural.
Like Coopman says, monitor it with photos but try not to stress out about it.

C

cal23345

I agree with Coopman's opinion.
There are many guys in your age bracket with similar hairlines which are totally natural.
Like Coopman says, monitor it with photos but try not to stress out about it.
thats what my plan was, i just thought it might of got worse thats all.

My mums dad was fully
bald before 30 so if im “lucky” i’ll have my dads genes atleast.

Could i take fin now or should i wait? i got a big head anyway which is a bit annoying when it comes to getting a good style.