• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr. Christian Bisanga - Hair Loss in Women

Raphael84

Raphael84

Valued member

Hair Loss in Women

Female hair loss is a common problem worldwide with a surprising figure of at least 50% of women experiencing loss to some degree.

Dr Bisanga would like to present this message to briefly explain possible causes, symptoms and risk factors while offering solutions and advice on when to seek treatment, and which type of treatments may be appropriate.

If you may have any further questions or queries about hair loss in women and would like to learn more, Dr Bisanga is currently available for video consultation to further discuss your concerns.

Stay safe, keep in contact and let us know if you feel we may be able to help.

R

reddwarf

Would never have though 50 percent of women would have some sort of hair loss or thinning in their lifetime, very interesting video Dr Bisanga.

Raphael84

Raphael84

Valued member
Reddwarf

I agree. It is quite a staggering figure. Like men the percentages increase as women age but it is quite eye opening.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Doesn't surprise me with the overuse of products as I've lost track of the number of times the better half has bleached her hair......keep telling her she will regret it one day.....some of the other reasons are eye openers though.

Thanks for sharing :)

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Nice factful video. As Bullitnut said, women tend to put their hair through a lot. The video will help women understand why they may be suffering from hair loss.

R

reddwarf

Reddwarf

I agree. It is quite a staggering figure. Like men the percentages increase as women age but it is quite eye opening.

It is very eye opening indeed and something I've never really thought about, i have a feeling ill be discretely scrutinizing a lot of womens hair I see after this virus moves on.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Women can usually hide their hair loss as they often have long hair which enables them to style it covertly and with some hair fibers it can be undetectable.

R

reddwarf

Do women use the same type of fibres as us men or is there a different type or different brand made or marketed just for women?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Women use the same types as men. There are some specific concealers marketed to women.