• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr De Reys or Hair Dr Clinic

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
I’ve been researching HT’s for around 6 years now and have been set on using Dr De Reys due to cost and success stories I’ve read about. I’ve now come to a part in my life where I will be able afford plus have the time to have a HT done. I’m a teacher during the week and play in a rock band at weekends. I’ve started researching again due to now knowing it’s going to happen soon and I’ve read quite a few success stories about Hair Dr Clinic. Now being in the UK myself Hair Dr Clinic would suit me better and the price is quite reasonable too. What are your opinions on this which one of the 2 would you pick??

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Baldingman23.
What level of hair loss are you at? Are you taking any preventative measures such as hair loss medications to maintain your existing hair?
I can`t say I`ve seen too much of Dr De Reys work, not many seem to document it. There are a lot of examples and patient results from The HairDr. Try reaching out and speaking to patients from both doctors. Send your pictures to both and see what they advise.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Hi Bigmac. I have a thinning crown and need my frontal quarter filled in with hair line rebuilt. I was close to booking Dr De Reys last year as the price was good but being a school teacher I could only go certain times of the year and unfortunately the time I wanted was full. He was the head surgeon at ProHairClinic a while ago and people said he gave some great results and is very conservative with graphs. As I only planning on having one hair transplant I really want to make sure I get it right.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Price can be a determining factor but it should not be over and above quality. Look at results, speak with patients if possible. Both doctors may be of equal ability and both produce similar quality results, so it is down to you to make the final decision.
What was Dr De Reys plan of action for you?
It would be good to see a picture of your hair loss.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Dr De Reys said I would need about 1500-2000 graphs in the frontal quarter. Hair Dr Clinic just got back to me with 2500-3000 grafts
Price wise you are looking at £000 for Dr De Reys and £9000 for Hair Dr Clinic. I’ve included some photos.

the handy thing about Hair Dr Clinic is that it’s in the UK where I live.

This is the thing, it’s a mind field out there with choices, prices, where to have it done

Attachments

• Frontal hair loss.jpeg
    Frontal hair loss.jpeg
    98.3 KB · Views: 245
  • Frontal hair loss - hair thinning.jpeg
    Frontal hair loss - hair thinning.jpeg
    70.1 KB · Views: 208
  • Hair donor area.jpeg
    Hair donor area.jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 185
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Are you taking any meds?
There`s no price for De Reys. Has he a website as I could not find one.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
No I’m not taking meds and I’d like to avoid that route if possible. Here is Dr De Reys website

Tried to post link in here of Dr De Reys website but it said I’ve reached my limit??

search best hair clinics and then find Dr De Reys in Belgium

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
See if you can add a link now? I could only find a landing type page. The other page you mentioned is just a directory.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
hair-clinics.com/clinics/dr-rudi-de-reys-antwerp-bel

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
That’s not his website. Not sure how they’ve obtained accurate pricing.

This is the only website type thing that I can find.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Oh right ok. Dr De Reys quoted me £3500 for 1500 graphs via email

T

Toms

I contacted Hair Dr a week or so ago and sent my pictures for a quote, still waiting for them to get back to me, I chased them up a couple of days back. My hair loss is a bit worse than yours behind.

T

Toms

Had a reply from the clinic now and they said to send everything again, hopefully third time lucky.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
I’ve defo decided on Dr De Reys due to cost and previous work I’ve seen of his. It’s just Finding a time that’s right. This lockdown hasn’t helped things

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for getting back to me, it would be great if you could document your journey once it happens. Belgium clinics are opening back up and I believe some flights are.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Just so people know I changed my mind and have booked Hair Dr clinic now as it’s easier for me because of lockdown and availability plus there response and patient contact has been great so far. Any question I have I just WhatsApp them and they get back to me straight away. They are quite a bit more expensive than Dr De Reys but messing around trying to get a flight etc I feel as though I have made the right choice. I’m documenting my journey in another thread and will keep everyone updated as of July when I have it done. Fingers crossed I come away with a great result and get my confidence back aswell as the opportunity to style my hair in better ways