• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr Eibi Iniekio - Chiswick Hair Clinic or Dr Michael May - Wimpole clinic

M

MisterQ

I'm considering having a hair transplant in London with Dr Eibi Iniekio from the Chiswick Hair Clinic. From the research I've completed I believe he has been working around 4-5 years as a hair transplant doctor. He completed his training at Harley Street Clinic, the one that did Wayne Rooney and then set up Chiswick Hair clinic.

Dr Michael May from the Wimpole clinic is my other choice. He has been working in the industry over 20 years, time enough to have mastered his skills.

I did check into a few other clinics in the London area which I crossed off my list due to them being fairly new with limited results.

Both clinics answered my online appraisal very professionally, both quoted in the region of 1800 grafts via the FUE method. Initially I was looking at dates around May of this year but the Covid Pandemic put a stop to that.
I've been busy these past months, I'm a frontline worker but things are easing, touch wood it continues this way, now I have some time for online reading. I'm now looking for anyone with reviews on the clinics to help with my decision making.
As well as landing on here I did browse through another site where the general concensus was stay away from the UK. This site seems more impartial and open to discussion so I'm hoping you guys or girls can help me out a little.

Last edited:
P

Philwhitehouseuk

Dr Edward ball at the maitland clinic is the only,and I mean only guy in the uk that I would let touch my head
Trust me

M

MisterQ

I did briefly look at that clinic but don't see any difference between them result wise. Have you had any experience with the clinics I've narrowed it down to?

P

Philwhitehouseuk

I've had 3 hair transplants in total
My first was with wellesborne clinic in uk dr greaves who was struck off cos of his poor work
My 2nd and 3rd transplant was with dr feller in New York
It was only slightly better
I've been to all uk surgeons over the years and seen some of there work
It always looked thin stringy looking and that comb over look to one side to make transplants look better
Dr may is too old fashioned for me
Dr ball was the only person to give me a honest opinion on what transplants can give u
All the transplants pics u see have some sort of concealer in them to make them appear thick and natural
Or they comb them straight back over the head as that makes it look better
If u want a natural looking appearance go to dr Edward ball
Remember u will get old so it has to look natural as u age
I know what u must be thinking
I must somehow work for dr ball
I don't ,I have just been researching hair transplants for over 10 years now
And in the uk dr ball is the only guy

P

Philwhitehouseuk

In my opinion clinics tell u what u want to hear then after u have had the transplants with them and u are not happy they wash there hands of u
So u have to go looking elsewhere to fix the work
I'm now 40 yrs old so all I am trying to do is help guys make the correct decision
Remember u have to go on meds to keep what u have else u will just keep having more and more work to fix hair
It just gets all messy

M

MisterQ

Phil I appreciate your feedback and advice. It is always helpful hearing from people who've been there and done it.
Have you seen anyone from the clinics I'm considering? I've had a quick look again at Dr Ball's website, they have a place on Harley Street, I'll send them an email now.
I would rather stay in London to get it done. I can jump on the Tube or have someone drop me off at the clinic. I can change my rota which would allow me to go straight back to work the following day and do some desk work.
I'm 38 now, always had a high hairline which has receded to a V shape from the age of 25, so 13 years. My hair is still thick everywhere else so I want the corners filling in and brought inline with the tip of the V point.
I do t think I need to take any meds at this point, my loss has been very gradual, only noticeable when I look back at pictures. If it increases, then for sure I'll consider them.

I've never heard of Wellsbourne clinic and America is too far away. 15 minute Tube ride is less hassle, although it can get pretty hairy at times. Did you go to Dr Ball for your 3rd hair transplant?

P

Philwhitehouseuk

No not seen any of there work but I do know if a surgeon promotes himself as the guy who did a celebs hair transplants beware
Just a advert to get guys to have a transplants in my opinion
No didn't have any work with dr ball
I was in the same boat as u
Had lots of hair just a receding hairline only
Remember when have transplants put into the receding areas u WILL get shockloss in ur original hair so basically everytime u have a transplant it will make ur original hair fall out so u have to have more work to fill in that area etc etc
I know u say u have lots of hair but believe me get on some kind of meds before ur transplant
Also make sure u have a mature hairline design not straight
Weellesbourne is now called hospital group
Also DONT go for strip fut
Go for fue cos u will be able to cut short ie short back and sides makes hair look thicker
Yeah defo stay in London
Defo dr ball
If u went to see him u would understand

M

MisterQ

I'll definitely send them an email and take it from there. I've not had any face to face consultations yet, I know it's something I've got to address when time permits.
I don't require my hairline lowered, it's always been high, or I have a big forehead, therefore I'm happy to fill in the gaps. I have more hair than this patient, 1800 grafts My V is similar but has not receded as far back. What do you think of it?
I only want FUE, if I had to have strip I'd probably do nothing. I've seen bad and good scars but I don't want to risk it, plus I want the quickest recovery time possible.
I thought any hair that gets shocked grows back within a few months. When I arrange face to face consultations. I'll go more in depth about it, see what the doctor thinks.

P

Philwhitehouseuk

Oh great u are in a great position
If it was me I would defo go on meds for 1yr cos u could grow a bit round the temples also as meds thickens up ur hair it could give u the appearance of a thicker hairline
Shockloss is hit and miss
I was told the same thing that it comes back but for me it didn't and everytime I had another hair transplant to fix the areas it would cause me me problems
My advice is to go on meds FIRST
I know there is new meds to try now but think dr ball will explain them to u.
I know what it's like when all u want is a better hairline to frame ur face but be patient mate
Dr ball will advice u on the best option and maybe u wont need a transplant
Going on meds and getting a good haircut could work wonders and could save u money and heartache
U will always have the money u have for transplants at a later date
I cant stress enough mate I've been through the mill so I totally understand how it feels
People think that having 1 transplant to fix a smallish receding hairline and u are done for life
That's just not the case
U are in the best position than anyone to fix ur hairline
Dont just jump into a hair transplant 1st or go with the surgeon who says yes we can fix u with a hair transplant
U need a plan

M

MisterQ

Thanks I'll read up on the various meds. If the doctor advises that I'll certainly give it a lot of thought.
I hear what you're saying that they help, I'm concerned about any possible negative impact they might have on me. Even a small chance is a risk that I'll need to weigh up first.
Why did your shock loss hair not grow back if you don't mind me asking?

P

Philwhitehouseuk

Ok yeah sometimes having a hair transplant can make u look worse
I think my shockloss didn't grow back because I wasn't on meds
But also the trauma of having a transplant as well
Here is a pic after my ist transplant 2003
Here is a pic of me now
Not really much improvement
Also this is strip scar
And my angles of the transplant are bad
I'm in a bad position now

Attachments

• Untitled-14.jpg
    Untitled-14.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 262
  • scar-1.jpg
    scar-1.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 287
  • 20200604_173433.jpg
    20200604_173433.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 330
  • 20200604_173148.jpg
    20200604_173148.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 395
  • 20200604_173218.jpg
    20200604_173218.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 255
  • 20200604_173223.jpg
    20200604_173223.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 418
  • 20200604_173138.jpg
    20200604_173138.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 298
  • 20200604_173307.jpg
    20200604_173307.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 268
  • 20200604_173340.jpg
    20200604_173340.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 295
M

MisterQ

Oh man, you've had a bum deal when like me, all you wanted was to improve your hairline. That first transplant did nothing. Are you getting this fixed?
I definitely don't want to risk having a strip scar, even if the risk is minimal. I hear what you're saying about the meds. That link I added, he was taking them.

P

Philwhitehouseuk

Oh mate been round the block
I didn't plan that's why.
Difficult to fix cos basically need to start again ie remove all the work but could leave me with scarring etc
So I'm screwed
Yeah defo don't have strip whatever the surgeon says it leaves a pencil scar
Nah it dont
That's why I said to trust me cos I started off like u and ended up like this
Dr ball will advise u the best way forward

M

MisterQ

I'll certainly plan after seeing what has happened with yours.
I've just watched a video by Escar who had a horrible result and had it fixed so I reckon you can have yours fixed. I'll wait to hear back from Dr Ball once I send a consultation to him.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi MisterQ. Take your time while doing your research, no need to rush into anything. As Phil says, the meds could work great for you but it`s a personal choice if you take them or not. I believe the Wimpole clinic has closed or was sold off and Dr May works out of other clinics now. You may need to check this with him. I`ve met Dr Iniekio a few times at various conferences. He comes across as a genuinely caring doctor who wants what is best for his patients. I`ve also met one of his patients in person whose result looked very good.
There are many clinics in London who make lots of claims about being the best and giving you unlimited grafts etc, just keep your wits about you and don`t believe all the hype.

M

MisterQ

Thanks for the reassurance regarding Dr Iniekio. When I began to look for clinics I believe Google brought up the ones that were close to my location, some I crossed out after several miutes of looking.
I'll take on board what you both say about the meds.