• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr. Feriduni | 3455 FU | June 2022

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Month 3 is just the beginning for you. I’ll look forward to seeing the next round of pictures.

D

Dani

Quick update in retrospect at 3 and a half months:

back_alt.jpg
back.JPG
side_right.jpg
top1.jpg
top2.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Everything looks fine to me and on track. Donor is in good shape.

D

Dani

5 month mark!

I still have stubble hair on the crown area, that are either growing now or not growing for some reason (you can see them in the first picture). I noticed this from the very beginning months ago.

Today is actually almost 5 months and a half (pics are slightly older) and I noticed a slight improvement in donor hair. I'm hoping for more growth on the transplanted area in the months to come, however I am happy so far as it's a big improvement over pre-surgery. :)

What do you guys think?

IMG_5153.jpg
IMG_5299.JPG
IMG_5300.jpg
IMG_5303.jpg
IMG_5309.jpg
IMG_5317.JPG
IMG_5318.JPG

M

MPBsucks1234

Valued member
I am a fellow Feriduni patient albeit several years back, he is a great doctor and 5 months is still early, you should notice an explosion of growth from now.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I can see the improvement in density with the mid-section filling in, so you’re heading in the right direction. Crowns can be a bit slower but I do see improvement.
The small stubbles you can feel could be stalled hairs. These are hair shafts that have shed but not been expelled from the scalp. Basically, it’s a hair shaft stuck in your scalp. If you could ask someone to gently pull on a few with tweezers. If they are stalled hairs they should slip out easily.

C

cooty

Valued member
Growth looking good to me at this stage, and in fact I have similar situation with my crown. I'm 6.5 months in and I have less coverage on my crown than you do, so comparatively being at 5 months your growth there is more advanced than mine. I've been told to be very patient with the crown and that it can take 12-18 months before it fully comes through, so I'd say you're gonna be fine.
Good luck and look forward to seeing your updates when you have them

D

Dani

Thanks @cooty, good luck to you too! :)

Posting another update at 6 months and a half-ish (exactly 200 days).

IMG_5645.JPG
IMG_5663.jpg
IMG_5677.JPG
IMG_5684.JPG
IMG_5704.JPG
IMG_5705.JPG
IMG_5709.JPG

C

cooty

Valued member
Thickening up really lovely Dani - you must be so pleased. You were lucky with your hairloss pattern as you didn't have to worry about the hairline, and so more grafts could be concentrated on the top / mid-scalp area which is quite a mop now already at 6 months!! The crown appears to have got a bit denser too since the 5 months photos - be really good to see how that progresses and keep fingers crossed for you that you get some good coverage there as well....

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
This is looking good with plenty more time to see more growth.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It’s really filling in now. In another couple of months I think the density will increase to a level that your head shows no loss whatsoever. As Cooty pointed out, not requiring grafts for the hairline has really benefitted you and enabled the clinic to get this thin area sorted.
Thanks for the update.

C

cooty

Valued member
It does look a bit thicker to me Dani, although you had tremendous results after 6 months so maybe not much more improvement could be expected? Crown maybe the same. It's similar to mine in that respect as I'm not noticing much difference from month 5 to now (8 months too) on top, but also my crown doesn't seem to have got much denser; however I'm told that can take 12-18 months and so much more patience is required for that. Be therefore interested to see how it goes for you. You must be really pleased with the results so far.....?

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
I think you are one that see most growth early on and subtle improvements in the later months.

T

TBH

Midscalp looks strong, hopefully the crown will fill in a little more over the coming months, can sometimes lag behind. Although I'm not sure if you can expect full coverage for 3400 grafts in the large area you've had done.
Stay out of the bright light and it looks terrific!
Thanks for the update

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It will be improving still as your transapolanted hairs go through their growth cycles. The changes from now on will be subtle and steady I`d say.

D

Dani

9 months update. No big changes as expected, first 2 photos are after a shower so hair looks a bit puffy.

IMG_6302.JPG
IMG_6309.JPG
IMG_6318.JPG
IMG_6320.JPG
IMG_6331.JPG