• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr. Jean Devroye, HTS Clinic / 4510 Combo (3510 FUT + 1000 FUE) Repair / 1 session

Dr Devroye

Dr Devroye

Valued member
Logo-HTS-2015-300.png

PATIENT'S DETAILS

37 years old, losing hair since the age of 18 (peak at the age of 26).

✓Had undergone a FUT procedure elsewhere in the past.

No medications.

Thick caliber hair.

Normal follicular units.

Low % of hair in telogen phase.

RECOMMENDED TREATMENT

This 37-year-old gentleman came to my office to find a solution for his situation. He had undergone a previous FUT procedure elsewhere, that resulted in an extremely sparse, pluggy and unnatural result, as can be noticed in the pre-operative photos.

Since he wished to cover all the thinning areas - other than correct his hairline and anterior section as a priority – in this case I felt that a combo FUT + FUE was the best way to proceed in order to maximize his donor resources. In fact, thanks to the combination of the two techniques, I would have been able to correct the existing FUT scar - by including it in the new strip - and enhance the amount of available grafts via the complementary FUE.

The patient has undergone the surgery in June 2019, when he received 4510 grafts during two consecutive days. The patient recently came back for a check-up consultation and is enthusiastic about the results achieved so far (9 months after the surgery). His hairline is now very natural and the other areas show a remarkable increase in density. During the upcoming months we expect the results to further improve, especially regarding hair density and texture, as the hair matures. As usual, we'll not hesitate to update this thread as soon as new material will be available.

SURGERY DETAILS

4510 grafts

✓ Technique: Combo FUT (3510 FUs) + FUE (1000 FUs)

FUE scoring and extractions executed with my WAW system, now widely used in the sphere of FUE. It consists of a very precise pedal that enables to control the movement of the punch, that I also designed myself. The main advantage is to reduce substantially the number of damaged and transected hair, thus to raise the quality of the procedure. The system is now used worldwide and several dozens of surgeons or centres are already using it.

Grafts Breakdown:
☞ 751 Single FUT + 177 Single FUE = 928 Single grafts
☞ 2195 Double FUT + 426 Double FUE = 2621 Double grafts
☞ 440 Triple FUT + 259 Triple FUE = 699 Triple grafts
☞ 124 Quadruple FUT + 138 Quadruple FUE = 262 Quadruple grafts

✓ Total number of Hair: 6957 (FUT) + 2358 (FUE) = 9315

✓ Average Hair/Graft: 2.06

Dr. Jean Devroye

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-4510-Combo-FUT_FUE-Montage-1.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-4510-Combo-FUT_FUE-Montage-2.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-4510-Combo-FUT_FUE-1.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-4510-Combo-FUT_FUE-2.jpg