• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr. Maras at HDC Clinic - FUE 3773 Grafts - April 5th & 6th 2021

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Parasol.
That’s a big turnaround. I’m very happy for you and it’s great to hear you’re in a much better place now.
I’ll look forward to your 5 month update.
All the best.
Bm.

Parasol

Parasol

Hey Parasol.
That’s a big turnaround. I’m very happy for you and it’s great to hear you’re in a much better place now.
I’ll look forward to your 5 month update.
All the best.
Bm.
Thanks Bigmac. It’s hard to believe it’s real. It’s quite the gift HDC has given me. :)

To be fair, I know it will look much worse when I do my normal photo process on my deck, so I’ll have to be emotionally prepared for that. But all in all I am thrilled with how it’s going and it’s crazy that it’s only going to get better from here! Exciting times wow.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, it’s still early days, I wish everyone had amazing growth etc by month 3 but reality is, we all react differently.
You’ve been through a lot of emotional stress lately but to hear you’re feeling better about it all and there’s light at the end of the tunnel really makes it all worth it.

Parasol

Parasol

20 Week Update
8ACE16E4-DB6F-47BB-937B-4DDB7DD95600.jpeg

1AE2D33F-1403-44A1-AAED-CFB4F9F2D1C9.jpeg
23A69FC5-20FE-476E-8FBA-584971D2CCF8.jpeg
D41A00DC-168E-40CB-9702-2067034F7F1D.jpeg
DA3B4628-16B6-42B8-9E25-D8AB579271AF.jpeg

Hi again, everyone. It’s been exactly 20 weeks since my surgery. I shot these yesterday for the clinic and figured I’d post them here for you guys as well.

Every day the hair seems to be thickening up. The growth the last few weeks has been crazy! I have to say, I feel like a new man, and am incredibly grateful to everyone on the HDC team. @Doron HDC coordinator, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for everything brother.

It’s not to say I wouldn’t like to see improvements in some areas, in the hairline and right temple mainly (not to mention the scab area, which doesn’t really have any hair due to the trauma). But, if this ended up being my final result, I have to say, I’m extremely satisfied.

And just to think…I have a many more months of growth and maturation left…wow, just wow. I couldn’t be happier.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
What a change from your 12-14 week updates. It’s completely turned around with an exceptional burst of growth in the last few weeks. We need you smiling in the full face picture, you’re looking quite serious.
It really is great to hear you’re very happy now, the following months should be stress free. The other areas have plenty of time to catch up and flourish. The scab area should recover as Dr Ron Shapiro stated it is probably natural shock loss or telogen effluvium speeded up due to the trauma.
Your journey will help others in similar situations, so thanks for the great documentation.
All the best.
Bm.

Parasol

Parasol

@Bigmac haha agreed. I have a lot to be happy for. I’ll try to show it in the next round of pics. :)

Thanks for all your support, by the way. It’s made this journey much easier. I appreciate it so much.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
No problem. Your journey had some worrying moments which were very stressful for you. I’m pleased myself and the forum were able to provide support and help you through the tough times.
Also, good to hear Doron has been very supportive.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
That looks awesome dude but I'm dying to ask....is your twin aware of your work? Only asking as I'm also a twin and my brother is bald and always commenting saying I got the best Gene's etc....fortunately he lives far away so he never really witnessed my hair loss before the HT's but hes damned upset now he has no hair :).

Parasol

Parasol

That looks awesome dude but I'm dying to ask....is your twin aware of your work? Only asking as I'm also a twin and my brother is bald and always commenting saying I got the best Gene's etc....fortunately he lives far away so he never really witnessed my hair loss before the HT's but hes damned upset now he has no hair :).
My twin knows about all 3 of my surgeries. After my second one, he mentioned the possibility of wanting to do it himself, but I think his opinion on it waned as my transplant began to thin out.

I haven’t actually seen him without a hat on since this recent transplant (he lives in a different town then me too so we only get together every couple months or so). I’m positive he will be thrilled for me when he sees it, but as my twin, I definitely don’t want him to feel bad or insecure or anything.

I’m not exactly sure even if he wanted to get one now, that I’d recommend a transplant to him. So much can go wrong even in the best of hands. My story is an excellent case of that. I guess if he did, I’d ask him how much it would really mean to him (for me, I care about my hair a lot). If he cared as much as I do, for sure I’d share with him everything I know and support him in any way I can. No doubt.

So you’re a twin too? Wow. Identical? Your twin doesn’t know you’ve had transplants? What’s the story there? Do you mind sharing?

Doron HDC coordinator

Doron HDC coordinator

For Consultation with HDC WhatsApp +972526542654
@Parasol I am so happy for you, always glad to assist, thank you for sharing your result

C

Crudance2006

Hey Parasol. What a rollercoaster ride you have been on. The anxiety alone must have been freaking you out in the early months. However, you have turned the corner making huge gains this past several weeks and now your hair is looking awesome. What a huge relief. Is the area where you knocked your head sore at all?
Real nice to read the support and advice from Dr. Shapiro.

Parasol

Parasol

Hey Parasol. What a rollercoaster ride you have been on. The anxiety alone must have been freaking you out in the early months. However, you have turned the corner making huge gains this past several weeks and now your hair is looking awesome. What a huge relief. Is the area where you knocked your head sore at all?
Real nice to read the support and advice from Dr. Shapiro.
Hi! Thanks for the support. Yes, it’s been quite the ride. Sometimes when I look in the mirror I expect to see what I looked liked a couple months ago. It’s a strange feeling but I’m happy to be on the other side.

The scab area is still redder than the rest of my scalp, and has virtually no hair growing in it, which is why I’m combing my hair slightly back and to the right (to cover it). I’m very hopeful it will recover, but it’s unpredictable. Doron thinks because there was blood, the chance is 50/50 (as did another surgeon who commented on my case on another forum).

Time will tell.

It does not hurt anymore, and the indent is less obvious when I run my fingers through it. The pain lingered there the longest for sure, but subsided I’d guess around the 14 week mark or so.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
My twin knows about all 3 of my surgeries. After my second one, he mentioned the possibility of wanting to do it himself, but I think his opinion on it waned as my transplant began to thin out.

I haven’t actually seen him without a hat on since this recent transplant (he lives in a different town then me too so we only get together every couple months or so). I’m positive he will be thrilled for me when he sees it, but as my twin, I definitely don’t want him to feel bad or insecure or anything.

I’m not exactly sure even if he wanted to get one now, that I’d recommend a transplant to him. So much can go wrong even in the best of hands. My story is an excellent case of that. I guess if he did, I’d ask him how much it would really mean to him (for me, I care about my hair a lot). If he cared as much as I do, for sure I’d share with him everything I know and support him in any way I can. No doubt.

So you’re a twin too? Wow. Identical? Your twin doesn’t know you’ve had transplants? What’s the story there? Do you mind sharing?

If he sees your progress now i think his interest will be reignited….if it is, he has a good mentor to show him the ropes.
I lived under my hat, even in my own home which meant no one but my wife knew about my hair loss and subsequent hair transplants. My full story is posted on here and in my blog signature.

Parasol

Parasol

6 Month Update

Hey guys. Boy, has time flown. October 6th marked the 6th month point of my transplant with Dr. Maras. I sent some photos to @Doron HDC coordinator and he was kind enough to put together some side by side shots of my pre-op state and my state now.

9E4E27DF-E2F1-4446-88C8-3058D740A75B.jpeg
BF478C41-0420-42FF-B14A-32D5D00C0B0E.jpeg
809CE8C6-D4DD-48B8-A47C-D056D94B36CA.jpeg
401A9F10-57F5-4997-A2BF-36050B8039B1.jpeg

I have to say, the results so far have been life changing. That important trip I had planned for October? Well, that was to meet a girl in person that I met online about a year ago. She is now officially my girlfriend.

There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t feel blessed and grateful to Doron, Dr. Maras, and the rest of the staff at HDC.

Is the transplant perfect? No. I wish the frontal hairline was denser and for the scab area to fill in. And I look forward to the hairs maturing and being less kinky. But with a little bit of fibers (which I’m not wearing in the photos), I don’t think about my hair anymore. This is a gift that is priceless to me.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
At 6 months you’re only halfway there. Plenty of time for further improvements and the wiry hairs should sort themselves out. The scab area has plenty time left as well.
have you noticed any new hairs beginning to grow there?
Your hair is looking good. I’m pleased it’s given you a new lease of life and you no longer worry about it.
I hope your new girlfriend brings much joy and love into your life. It’s perfect timing for you.
All the best.
Bm.

Parasol

Parasol

At 6 months you’re only halfway there. Plenty of time for further improvements and the wiry hairs should sort themselves out. The scab area has plenty time left as well.
have you noticed any new hairs beginning to grow there?
Your hair is looking good. I’m pleased it’s given you a new lease of life and you no longer worry about it.
I hope your new girlfriend brings much joy and love into your life. It’s perfect timing for you.
All the best.
Bm.
@Bigmac thank you for all the support throughout this journey. You’re right about the timing. It’s like, in the exact moment I’ve had this giant weight lifted, I’ve found someone that appreciates me in ways I’ve never experienced before. Every single day I am grateful.

Regarding new growth, my hair is about 1.5 inches on top now, so it’s hard to say because it’s hard to see.

The right temple seems to have mostly filled in (it was lacking severely before), so I think new growth has definitely occurred recently. I just don’t think it’s happening at the rate it was before, where every couple of days the growth was obvious and substantial.

What I have noticed is the density increasing. Sometimes I wake up with bed-head with my hair all standing up and I’m like wow…it’s super thick!!!

This transplant has far exceeded my expectations so I’d be perfectly fine if this was my final result (which I realize it’s not and will continue to improve and mature). But if my frontal hairline softened a bit and the scab area filled in that would be great too.

EDIT: Oh I see you meant growth in the scab area itself. No…not really. It’s still mostly empty, but not the end of the world. Fibers cover it up well and I part my hair slightly back and to the right which covers it.

Last edited:
Parasol

Parasol

For anyone curious, here’s a shot I took out in the wild when I was at the airport to meet my girl. There’s some styling cream in and just a few shakes of fibers in the scab and hairline.

D69631EC-E701-4529-A530-39FF6A71B0F5.jpeg