• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr. Patrick Mwamba (Fue Clinic) - 3.500 grafts - 24th & 25th of May 2021

C

Captaincalico

Hey Guys

My name is Louis, I am 34 years old, from the UK. I have been reading this forum for many years and decided to share my experience and FUE journey.

I will be having surgery with Dr Mwamba in Brussels next week on the 24th and 25th of May. I had a few consultations with other Doctors but decided to go with Dr Mwamba as a friend of mine had great results with him, and highly recommended him.

I have been using a hair system for several years now and decided to get a hair transplant to cover my entire balding area which is a Norwood 5 by now, I will be documenting the entire process with monthly updates on here and Youtube videos as well as I thought it would be cool to share my experience with others and for some moral support as well. I will be doing some filming on the day of the surgery.

The surgical plan is to have two procedures of 3.500 grafts each. The first one for the hairline and frontal third and the second one for the mid scalp and crown.
I will also be starting medication (Topical Dutasteride 0.1% twice and Minoxidil 5% from FUE CLINIC) to try to maintain and recover zone 3 and 4.
I have extensive balding but a good solid donor and thick hair so we are expecting good results. Fingers crossed

FYI .. I don't wear my hair like this, I've taken my system off for the photos ! I have now shaved all my hair in preparation for the procedure.

IMG-20210516-WA0028.jpg
IMG-20210516-WA0027.jpg
IMG-20210516-WA0031.jpg
IMG-20210326-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20210326-WA0003.jpg

C

Captaincalico

Hey everyone,

So I finished my second day with Dr Mwamba yesterday (25th may) and i have to say, the entire experience was very relaxed and enjoyable from start to finish.. we even ended up adding an extra 200 + grafts on this first visit, this adds upto 3700 roughly possibly a little more... Dr mwambas team are probably the most friendly and professional people I have had the pleasure of meeting, from the moment we started I was at ease, they work non stop with meticulous precision and the entire process was virtually pain free... ive heard people say the anesthesia can hurt but honestly, it wasn't all that bad, they were very gentle and accommodating to my needs, the first day went on for around 8 hours or so, I didn't sleep very well that night but that is due to my own paranoia, (rolling over and damaging the grafts) so i was extremely tired the next day, which was a little tougher being it was a much longer day than the previous... all that being said, I am already over the moon... we will see how everything goes with the Topical medication and in 6 months re evaluate where my hair is at... fingers crossed it brings alot of it back to life and we either take less grafts next time, or.. I could always use the 3500 to further fill out what has already been done.

The surgery is impeccable, I couldn't believe that I'd had a transplant when i looked In the mirror this morning... virtually no swelling so far and no residue on the scalp, the grafts have been fully imagery leaving no ugly white marks. I also received several laser treatments (4 to be exacrt) over the two days which will help with the healing and recovery! It also gives stimuls to the newly grafted hair... we also started day one my performing PRP which will also help a huge amount, and what is more exciting is that prp can in fact help maintain the new hair permanently after transplant.. no shock loss! But I will keep you updated on this... anyway i am beyond happy and i I attach photos of the work done so far so you can see for yourself how incredible they have performed... I will also be creating a YouTube blog, but I need time yo edit this.. i hope you enjoy what you see and look forward to all the questions .

1st photo is during day 2

2nd is this morning.

20210525_225531.jpg

20210526_093414.jpg

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Sounds like you've had a good experience with Dr Mwamba which isnt surprising as I personally think hes excellent. Bet your relieved to ditch the system after so long.....the plan to have your surgery in two halves seems like a great idea to me.

How was your scalp in terms of overall health having had a system for so long? Did it have any impact on the HT.....from your post it sounds like everything was fine but just curious?

Really happy for you.

C

Captaincalico

Sounds like you've had a good experience with Dr Mwamba which isnt surprising as I personally think hes excellent. Bet your relieved to ditch the system after so long.....the plan to have your surgery in two halves seems like a great idea to me.

How was your scalp in terms of overall health having had a system for so long? Did it have any impact on the HT.....from your post it sounds like everything was fine but just curious?

Really happy for you.
It was great and I'm looking forward to the next session already! He is very methodical along with his excellent team! Scalp was actually in decent shape to be fair, although I suffered from some psoriasis on the back and sides a little. But apart from that everything went great and we are all confident it will turn out great !
Thank you man

Techno1

Techno1

Making the jump from the security of a system to a hair restoration surgery must have been a big decision. The recipient area placement looks super refined making it look similar to sunburn not surgery.
‘How long have you been using topical fin?

C

Captaincalico

.. yes it was a big jump, I'm not discrediting the system in any way shape or form, that thing really gave me my life back for many years... a transplant was always going to happen, It was juat a matter of time. Ye I cant believe how clean it looks, I'm on day 3 now and it is looking very healthy... I have been keeping on top of the cleaning and what not... I am known to be a bit obsessive like that but that can only be a good thing right ?! I will be starting the Topical today... which I am very much looking forward to seeing the results

Techno1

Techno1

It does look very clean, with no scabbing or unsightly blood. People do tend to think wigs look fake because of the bad fits from past years but these days they can look natural and blend seeming-less to the persons native hair.

C

Captaincalico

Day 3,

Post op

Still looking super clean, no real sign of scabbing which is great, the longer without the more likely you will regain more hairs, my recovery has been excellent so far, no pain minimal swelling. My donor area is probably 2 days from looking totally back to normal. Shampooing twice a day seems alot though, if you are like me it becomes a bit of a chore.... I may start only washing once a day as of tomorrow.

20210528_103015.jpg

Techno1

Techno1

There are clinics that tell their patients to wait 7 days before their first hair wash. Yours is the first I`ve heard of saying twice a day, it’s normally once a day. It is working for you though.

C

Captaincalico

I've seen so many different opinions and approaches online, my thoughts are.. cleanjng it more often cant really be a bad thing i guess.. ive seen a couple videos where a Dr mentions twice a day...

C

Captaincalico

I thought I'd share a before and after.... I have edited the after into black and white just so it gives the illusion that it's totally healed... I cannot tell you how happy I am

I didnt have a mad scientist hair do before by the way haha... I took my hair system off for the picture.... also my face as you can probably tell is still a little swollen around the eyes and forehead.

IMG_20210516_203016_171.jpg

IMG_20210529_113721_170.jpg

C

Captaincalico

Day 5 post op, redness is almost completely gone, still no real visible scabbing, i have been more than obsessive keeping it clean ... slept terrible again due to the donor feeling like it was on fire, I have read this can happen, so nothing to worry about, no significant swelling or redness and no blood.

Screenshot_20210530-115730_Instagram.jpg

C

Captaincalico

Day 6 post op.. Today I will be travelling back home, I'm healing up much quicker than anticipated which is great! The redness is almost non existent, and scabs are at a minimum, and whatever scabs i have are very small..... I will be taking it easy today, paying attention to my surroundings and making sure not to lift to heavy.... another night of broken sleep due to discomfort in the donor area, it is 100% due to the bruising but other than that it basically looks as though nothing has even happened ! Im looking into buying a laser cap to speed up recovery further... oh and I could swear that the prp has already made an impact on the existing hair ... its looking thicker to me, but we shall see !

C

Captaincalico

Day 7 post op

I'm back home, everyone cant believe it... its now as though I've not even had surgery! I'm still in some discomfort when sleeping but it is subsiding now. No side effects so far from medication either... i just wish I could start exercising now, and enjoy the sunshine without wearing a daft cap. But that's all just trivial... I am for lack of a better word, ecstatic! A new man.

20210601_103721.jpg

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
It was great and I'm looking forward to the next session already! He is very methodical along with his excellent team! Scalp was actually in decent shape to be fair, although I suffered from some psoriasis on the back and sides a little. But apart from that everything went great and we are all confident it will turn out great !
Thank you man
That's awesome to hear buddy, tbh I was expecting the scalp to be in far worse condition so that's a real bonus for you and I'm confident the outcome will be awesome as I've always liked Dr Mwambas work.

C

Captaincalico

Likewise buddy, all I can say is, clean work combined with very thorough after care, I was twice a day, and apply dry oil maybe 3 times throughout the day

C

Captaincalico

Day 8 and looking very good, I've been using 5 essential oil combination spray every 3 or 4 hours to keep the scabs soft and its definitely working, hardly looks like I've had anything done.

20210602_174058.jpg

C

Captaincalico

Day 9 and Improving rapidly... the pain has subsided loads and sleeping is getting easier! I am able to gently rub the area now, but I will continue to just wash gently as I want to give it a little longer to anchor.

20210603_104601.jpg

Techno1

Techno1

I've seen so many different opinions and approaches online, my thoughts are.. cleanjng it more often cant really be a bad thing i guess.. ive seen a couple videos where a Dr mentions twice a day...

Your post surgical care plan is certainly helping with the pristine appearance. Keeping those scabs to a bare minimum looks better than the bloody crusty ones. This will be life changing when both transplants are fully grown out.