• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr. Patrick Mwamba (Fue Clinic) - 3.500 grafts - 24th & 25th of May 2021

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You are ok to wear the hat now. It won`t harm the grafts. The only issue I have with woolen hats is they usually make your scalp sweat. I`m a firm believer in taking them off every so often to let the air circulate around the scalp.

C

Captaincalico

Ye thats what I will do, I'll take it off for an airing every so often !

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, sounds good. They definitely give a confidence boost while you wait for the new grafts to grow in. I used them a lot. At one of our patient meetups, everyone was so impressed with mine that they thought I had no hair loss at all.
I always washed it out every night to keep my scalp clean and to prevent it from going on the bedding.

C

Captaincalico

Day 19 ... the shedding doth commence... is it true that If they have a little hook at one end or a kink... they are successful and will grow back, as opposed to the ones that are juat straight? Or is that a myth

Attachments

• 1623584430259301493887488408841.jpg
    1623584430259301493887488408841.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 169
Techno1

Techno1

Day 18 and shedding still.... but you can't really tell still... I know I've asked but I've had about a million different answers.... and I've asked Dr but still waiting on a reply... is this hat OK to wear now it has been 18 days?

2 weeks after your operation the wearing of a hat or use of hair fibers will not have any impact on the survival or growth of the grafts. There`s a reason you never hear anyone claim they lost their hair this way, it doesn’t happen.

C

Captaincalico

2 weeks after your operation the wearing of a hat or use of hair fibers will not have any impact on the survival or growth of the grafts. There`s a reason you never hear anyone claim they lost their hair this way, it doesn’t happen.
Very good point mate.. thank you ! Im sure alot of people will be happy to read all of this

C

Captaincalico

Day 21, all is going as it should... hairs shedding alot now, wore my woolen hat to go bowling, it got a little itchy toward the end but nothing major.... ive attached a picture of my current state .... wondering what your opinions are on it... as far as the recipient area is concerned.... also I think the medication is starting to take effect.

20210615_214458.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Everything looks normal and on track for 3 weeks post op. Hairs have shed and you have a bit of redness which is to be expected.
Wearing a woolen hat causes anyone’s head to sweat and possibly itch, regardless if they’ve had a HT.
How did the bowling go? Did you play well?

C

Captaincalico

Yep all on track as expected!!! Ha ye you are right... bowling was fun no pros so it was a funny evening

C

Captaincalico

Hey guys, bit of a weird one but I was feeding this bird outside my house and then it jumped onto my head, I was wearing a cap, but it’s cut my head a little with its claw …. Now I’m a little worried I may get an infection or damage the hair ? It’s been nearly a month since the transplant… I understand this is a very unusual worry haha

60676E2F-71CC-4A53-8070-DE2A942A3420.jpeg
9385F149-F709-420A-AEAD-15E1341C55DA.jpeg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
That`s a new one having a bird land on your head. You will be fine. The grafts are well safe. The small scratch will heal on its own or you could stick a little antiseptic cream on it.
New post op instructions - Don`t feed the birds.

C

Captaincalico

Scalp is still a bit red all over, and I have a couple what looks like in grown hair ? Also the skin is a little bumpy too, I’m sure all this is normal but does anyone have any tips or suggestions please ?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Apply a warm compress on the area for 10 minutes. Repeat a few times during the day. This should help open up the pore and let the hair exit. Bumpiness will just be your skins reaction to the trauma it endured. Time will heal it.

C

Captaincalico

Great thank you bro ! Appreciate the advice !! It’s not that bad to be honest but anything that will help !

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Sometimes these ingrown hairs don’t clear up and you may need a steroid or antibiotic cream to help it alongside it’s way. Just keep an eye on them. I had some real stubborn ingrown hairs in my hairline, full of puss. I popped them with a needle and no harm came to the graft. I’m not advising you to do that though.

C

Captaincalico

A month and one week down… some regrowth from the topical which is great ! Still have redness though … I’ve read it should have gone by 2 weeks or a month ? So fingers crossed it’ll still subside

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Good to hear you’re responding to the topical. The redness can linger for months.
Has the bumpiness improved at all?