• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Electronic Cigarettes - Quitting Smoking...

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Hi all...

Maybe some of you may remember that I quit smoking when I arrived back from my HT trip to the USA in April....

Well... to be honest I did fall off the wagon a couple of times and to be honest I found it very hard... but I did manage to stop.. but nearly went back to smoking again......

I know its a bad habit etc etc.... and I had decided that "sod it" I was missing it..

Anyway.. a friend bought me an electronic cigarette.... these things are great.. it means I can have a smoke without "smoking".....

I wish that I had found out about this device when I had first quit.... the thing itself costs about £25 and about 40p for a cartridge which lasts about a day.... the cartridge I used has a very low dose of nicotine but none of the other nasty chemicals that go with normal cigarettes.... and I am now using menthol ones that have no nicotine at all....

I am not trying to push these on anyone.. but if there is anyone that is thinking of giving up I would recommend you try these....

Tim

Attachments

• sigaretdelen.jpg
    sigaretdelen.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 410
Last edited:
janna

janna

Valuable Member
Do you end up smelling like cigs when you finish one of those?

I'm glad you're at least trying to stop the nasty habit.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Where do you get them from as i want to stuff one down our lasses throat as its like living in an ashtray here lol

timuk

timuk

Janna...

No... there is 100% no smell with these... the smoke is a sort of water vapour made by an internal atomiser....and vanishes quickly... no smell at all... amazing.

My worst time for smoking was in the car.. and I will admit I used to get embarrassed by the smell of my car..... so when I quit I had my car valeted.... no-one would know I smoked and yet I use this while I am driving quite a lot....

BN.....

I got mine from a local market... but get the refill things from the Internet... there are loads to choose from.... the end even glows... some sort of L.E.D. Do a search for "electronic cigarette"...... they are all much the same. The funny thing is that I even found a cigar and pipe version !!

Its strange but its about 95% like real smoking but without all the nasty bits...

Well worth a go in my opinion

Tim

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Cheers timbo ill have a look dude,
know what you mean about in the car though if i go out with the otherhalf and heq mam n dad in the car and they are all smoking i feel like getting on the roofrack. (probably would if my cap wouldnt blow off lol)

L

littlemiss

Valued member
I've never heard of these.

I gave up three years ago, and it was tough! I used patches, and the lozenges... Still needed the willpower though...

Good luck, in keeping off the cigarettes!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Seen someone smoking one of these today.

Tim are you still using them.

Lucky

Lucky

Bollocks
I tried patches but I come up in rashes, gum gave me uncontrollable hiccups and the lozenges taste like shite.

Might give this a go

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

I hope this worked for you TIm et al who have tried it. Different things work for different people. FWIW I smoke & smoked in copious amounts prior to my ht. I got on chantix and have currently got it under manegable conditions; I cut the amount of cig's I smoke a day in half. I could probably quit w/zero withdraw symptoms while on this medication, but I just haven't made my mind up yet to do so. My favorite time of the day is having my Americano & ciggaretes first ting in the morning. I'm going to try and find the desire to actually stop completely, but anyway, wanted to share this option for anyone whose having trouble quitting.

timuk

timuk

This electric cig is ok... but the main problem is that its a constant reminder of smoking... I think it works well to help cut down... but the best way is to use it as an aid to giving up....

Good to hear your doing ok with the medication N2... My favourite time is evenings... could never smoke in the morning.. just drink loads and loads of coffee...

Tim

Lucky

Lucky

Bollocks
Well, I bought one and I lasted one day :(

I think I will give hypno another try

timuk

timuk

Lucky...

First of all I managed to cut down the "real" cigs by smoking both... whenever I fancied a cig I would use the elctric one...and then a real one if I really wanted it. Just by doing this it halved my daily cigs... I think it helped to cut out the cigs that you smoke out of habit rather than the ones you really want...

It did take some willpower... but with all the various things on offer to help quit its willpower that counts in the end...

Tim

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Lucky,

Have you tried giving chantix a try? I've heard they are effective in curbing your cravings. As NG says, its helped him cut down by half. I would think an addiction to cigs need your determination/will power and the meds to help you quit altogether. Wanting to quit is step in the right direction. Good luck!