• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

EXPERIENCE OF AN IRISHMAN, PUTS HIS TRUST IN DR.PRADEEP AND DR.ARIKA @ EUGENIX INDIA, FOR HAIR TRANSPLANT OF A COMBINATION OF SCALP AND BEARD HAIR .

PaddyIrishman1

PaddyIrishman1

7th WEEK UPDATE.

ALL GOING WELL. ENJOYING LIFE AND TAKING THINGS AS THEY COME. STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF THE UGLY DUCKLING PHASE. NOTHING MAJOR TO REPORT. MEETING PEOPLE AS NORMAL AND NOBODY MAKING ANY COMMENTS. STILL USING JOHNSON'S BABY SHAMPOO, AND ALOE VERA ON THE RECIPIENT AS A MOISTURISER.

PADDY

Eugenux hair sciences.jpg

PaddyIrishman1

PaddyIrishman1

3 MONTH UPDATE
I'M VERY HAPPY WITH MY PROGRESS ON HAIR GROWTH TO DATE. HAIR IS PUSHING THROUGH AND I CAN SEE A GOOD OVERALL IMPROVEMENT. SOME PEOPLE CAN NOTICE A DIFFERENCE BUT THEY CAN'T PUT THEIR FINGER ON IT.

I AM ONLY AT THE START OF THE GROWTH PHASE AS SUCH NOW SO I KNOW GROWTH AND DENSITY WILL IMPROVE FURTHER.

EUGENIX HAS BEEN IN REGULAR CONTACT WITH ME FOR UPDATES ON HOW THINGS ARE GOING AND THEY ARE VERY PLEASE AS GROWTH IS GOOD. IT'S ANOTHER THING I FOUND ON MY EXTENSIVE RESEARCH ABOUT EUGENIX. THEY REALLY CAEE ABOUT THEIR PATIENTS, EVEN WHEN YOU`RE PAST YOUR HT.
THE AFTER CARE IS REALLY GOOD. IT DOSENT MATTER WHERE YOU ARE IN THE WORLD, AS IM IN IRELAND, IT'S VERY EASY TO MAKE CONTACT, AND I SEND SOME PICTURES BACK.
I WILL UPDATE SOON AGAIN.
PADDY

Attachments

Y

Yzerman

Hi Paddy!

Very interesting To follow your journey! Keep updating and let us know your progress.

Just want to ask why you are using capital letters for your updates? I find it very hard to read and asking kindly for that to be changed further on :)

best regards
Yzerman

TOMMYTWO

TOMMYTWO

Valued member
Hi Paddy!

Very interesting To follow your journey! Keep updating and let us know your progress.

Just want to ask why you are using capital letters for your updates? I find it very hard to read and asking kindly for that to be changed further on :)

best regards
Yzerman
Ha ha tickled me

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Congrats on your surgery dude....really enjoyed reading this, your write up was exceptional. Hows the beard area healed dude and does it look odd at all if you grow any kind of length in the beard area?...wouldnt both me personally as I'd rather have hair on my head than my face but was just curious.

T

Todd

Paddy, do you a picture showing what you looked like before your hair transplant?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Paddy. Good to see the new growth is beginning to sprout. Also, good to know the clinic is providing good aftercare support to you.
Thanks for the update.
All the best.
Bm.

PaddyIrishman1

PaddyIrishman1

@bullitnut Thanks for your kind words.

Yes the beard area had healed very well after 10 days. Nobody including myself could tell that anything had been done.
The beard grafts were extracted from under the jaw line and under the chin. The punch size used was 0.7mm . There was redness and a touch raw for a few days afterwords but after 10 days it was back to normal.
The extraction of beard grafts does not have any negitive impact on my ability to grow a beard. I only grow a heavy stubble anyway and keep in trimmed down.

I feel the same as your self I would rather have hair on my head also than under my jaw line or chin .
I have some pictures posted at the beginning of my thread to show what it was like. I will try and post them again .
Paddy

PaddyIrishman1

PaddyIrishman1

This pictures is how the growth is now AFTER the beard graft extractions. No negitive impact if I want to grow a beard.

The last picture was taken 5 days after extractions. Just a little bit of redness that was gone after 10 days.
There is a picture of the area of extractions from the beard area taken on the day , it's posted at the beginning of my thread here but for some reason I can't post it here again as it says the file is to large.
Please see the beginning of my thread for more pictures. Thanks guys.
Paddy

Attachments

PaddyIrishman1

PaddyIrishman1

The picture above was taken after the head wash after 10 days, I posted it in error.
The picture below is taken after 5 days of extractions of the beard area.
Paddy

Attachments

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Your beard healed really well. You`ll be able to have more extracted from there if you need them in the future.

T

Todd

I`m with you Paddy, hair is more important on your head than under your chin. The beard grafts you had planted, do they grow at the same rate as your scalp grafts? Facial hair seems to grow quickly the first few weeks of not shaving, then it seems to grow at a slower rate. I wonder if it is like that once it`s been moved to your head.

PaddyIrishman1

PaddyIrishman1

I still have plenty of beard hair in reserve, that's right Bigmac. Just on the lower area of my neck alone Dr.Sethi said I had 1500 grafts just from there. They would be all single hair grafts of course. That's not including grafts from any other part of my beard area.
I'm by no means a hairy beard guy as such, so this is pleasing to hear.
Using beard grafts for my HT was a big plus. It's saves the doner area for back up that might be needed later. I personally don't care for hair under my Jaw line anyway. so it's a win win for me.
I will say again , I was told by the doctors at Eugenix that there would be no scarring and It would be healed in 10 days and they were absoutely spot on. Please see my write up and pictures at the beginning of the thread.

Paddy

Attachments

PaddyIrishman1

PaddyIrishman1

Hello Todd
I found my beard grafts are growing at the same pace as scalp hair. When beard hair is transplanted into the scalp the beard hear mimics the same growth as scalp hair.

Beard hair is transplanted into the mid scalp back. It is really good for volume as beard hair is twice as thick as scalp hair. It would not be placed near the hairline as the hairline needs scalp hair for a very natural look.

Paddy

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
This is awesome thank you so much for answering my questions dude and taking the time to post pictures as well.......out of curiosity how long after do they say/advise before you can actually shave the beard area following extraction from there.....is that 10 days too?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Paddy. Good to hear there are plenty more grafts available from the beard area.
Like you, my beard area under the chin healed very quickly after having grafts extracted from there.
Thanks for all the updates.
All the best.
Bm.

PaddyIrishman1

PaddyIrishman1

@bullitnut great question, I never asked the Doctors how long to wait before shaving after my beard extractions. The reason I didn't ask that question was because I didn't care to shave at the time, I just ran a beard trimmer over it to cut it right down to a low stubble and then tidy up the edges with a quick shave to give it definition and shape.
Having said that if I really wanted to shave I would be confident of shaving after 14 days no problem. If I used a good shaving gel and a new razor it would greatly help with not tearing any sensitive skin that might be slightly unhealed that is not seen to the naked eye . I think 10 to 14 days would be a good general guide after beard extractions to shave.
Very important factors to consider are the Doctors experience and skill set, and the size of extraction punch used to extract the beard grafts . Having great healing qualities of your skin would also speed up recovery and healing.
All the best,
Paddy.

PaddyIrishman1

PaddyIrishman1

4.5 MONTH UPDATE .

I'M VERY PLEASED WITH PROGRESS SO FAR . TRYING NOT TO DWELL ON HAIR GROWTH AND GETTING ON WITH LIFE IN GENERAL AS THIS IS A MARATHON.

GROWTH IS IMPROVING SLOWLY WEEK BY WEEK. DENSITY WILL ALSO IMPROVE MONTH BY MONTH FROM NOW ON ALSO.

I AM STILL USING JOHNSON'S AND JOHNSON'S BABY SHAMPOO AND ABOUT ONCE EVERY 10 DAYS I USE NIZORAL 1% IF MY SCALP FEELS DRY. I AM ALSO STILL TAKING HAIR VITAMINS AND ALOE VERA JUICE EVERY DAY. SO OVERALL IM VERY PLEASED WITH HOW EVERYTHING IS GOING SO FAR. I WILL UPDATE SOON AGAIN.

Attachments

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It now gives the appearance cf full coverage, although thin which is to be expected at this stage. Your face is framed nicely. Already making you look younger. With more growth and maturity I think this will be a very nice result for you.
All the best.
Bm.