• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Female-Minor hairline and temples

janna

janna

Valuable Member
1125 Grafts - 2248 Hairs - Dr. Ron Shapiro Female Patient

The 1125 grafts to the hairline and temples were done in 2006. The before pictures are actually after picture from a procedure in 2004. Dr. Ron performed the first surgery. You could say it was a case of "hair greed". She was happy with the first surgery and felt it made a tremendous difference so she felt confident in the work and Dr. Ron's skills to have the temples filled in even more. She said she was always unhappy with her hairline and temples growing up so a ht was something she researched for years. It's been three years since her 2nd surgery - she says hair is not something she thinks about anymore. She admittedly said she used to be obsessed by it and took ages to style her hair.......those days are gone.

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
She has got a great new hairline and its very natural.No one would ever know she had any work done.

Hair greed, hmmmm its getting to me now.Got any cancellations so that you can squeeze me in.My temples are of concern.:)

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Give Matt a call - I'm sure he can squeeze you in sometime soon.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Janna i recall seeing her donor scar picture before.

If you have time could you re post it.

Thanks bm.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hmmm, I think you have this patients scar pic confused with a tech from SMG who had work done. I posted a scar pic of Jane before because I don't have any scar pics of this patient. We find that women tend to have more laxity. We've never come across a female patient who had an issue with their scar line. I'd be happy to post Jane's scar.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Yup thats the one Janna.

Be great if you could post it.

Thanks bm.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
I'm obviously not a HT surgeon so maybe I am totally off base, but to me work on a female is where the elite truly stand out. To be able to blend into the density of the native hair and provide a natural hairline that will stand up to the scrutiny of being pulled back is the all time test. The is exceptional work. Pretty comical that not one of us would have guessed that the first pic is not prework unless Janna pointed it out. Great stuff.

NN

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Janna

Thats a great donor closure,you`d never know it was there unless pointed out under close examination.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Yea, this is where the flash from the camera is able to expose the scar line that's almost nonexistent. I think use of flash has gotten a bad rap on the internet as if it's used for trickery. If you are using flash and using the same lighting and angles for each step - don't see why it would be considered false advertising. I find in the top-down shots - the flash exposes more skin.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Definitely nice. Is there at all a difference in the skin of male vs. female when it comes to donor incision?

NN

janna

janna

Valuable Member
There seems to be more laxity with female patients than males that I've noticed. The doctors may say differently.

Females tend to have smaller heads so the length of the donor strips are not as long making the session sizes smaller. You may ask, why not go wider if that's the case, but when treating females with diffused thinning, their donor tends to be on the lower side too. And of course you can't shave female patients so it'd be tough to do a mega session anyway.