• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Female thinning hair

T

Thin sister

Lately I noticed increased shedding which became worse when I used 5% Rogaine. It has reduced about half my hair thickness with noticeable thin areas. I Did have a scalp biopsy that came back normal, no increase in telogen hairs, only slight signs of miniaturization. Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be causing this?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Shedding is usually a sign that the Rogaine is working, the hair should grow back stronger. Hair loss in females can be due to genetic or nongenetic causes, one of the most common is Telogen Effluvium, others include low Iron levels, hormonal and thyroid issues. Stress is also a cause that many don`t realise.
If you continue to lose hair it could be that you're not responding well to the Rogaine and the above mentioned causes should be eliminated if possible

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Have you had any success finding the cause?

M

mania

The hair thinning and then hair receding causes of hair loss by most important things it to consult the dermotalogist for hair caring and hair treatment..

lizzajohnson10

lizzajohnson10

A vasodilator is considered Rogaine. Although the precise mechanism of action for minoxidil (the active ingredient) is not really clear, it is thought to work by partially enlarging hair follicles and elongating the hair growth process. You'll see more hair coverage on your scalp and more follicles in the growth stage.
Rogaine works best in people with hereditary hair loss at the vertex of the scalp (the area at the back of the head, just under the crown) or for women with general thinning of hair on the top of the scalp. Rogaine isn’t meant for a receding hairline or baldness at the front of your scalp.
Rogaine has been shown to be most effective in people under 40 years old and for those who start using it at the first signs of hair loss.

elizabethbrown

elizabethbrown

In the modern day, many young girls are facing several hair-related issues. Many young girls are facing hair thinning problems, because of using artificial products to keep their hair good and well. These hair beauty products will have side effects in the future. So it is better to avoid artificial products and using natural products will help to keep the hair healthy in a better way.