• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Free Hair Transplant Repair Surgery.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Having been a repair patient myself I know first hand what it feels like when your dream turns into a nightmare. I`ve worked tirelessly helping educate people in the hope they do enough research to make an informed decision, ultimately leading to a successful hair transplant.
However, things don`t always turn out that way. Some patients end up in a worse situation after a hair transplant than before they went ahead. There are many who are not happy with their results but there is a fine line between unhappy and poor outcomes. Someone who may need a small touch up could be classed as a minor repair patient if the clinic is at fault. There are many reasons and scenarios that I won`t go into on this thread.

What I`m wanting is someone who has an obvious poor result for whatever reason. The clinic who did your surgery will not be mentioned. I will forward your details to the doctors who will look at each case to see if they are in a position to help. It will depend on things like donor availability, scar tissue etc.

The only thing I need to ask in return is that you are willing to tell your story publicly. This will be to illustrate what can go wrong and hopefully help others who are researching.

I will be available to assist and support you if needed.

Thanks, Bm.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
Hi Bigmac. This is a grand gesture.
Well done for offering this.
Anyone looking for repair work I`m sure Bigmac will help you get sorted. He has provided me with lots of information and support.
Top man.
Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a hairy New Year.

PaddyIrishman1

PaddyIrishman1

Great post @Bigmac ,
its a great sourse of comfort to any patient to know they ard not left high and dry and have someone to reach out to for help.

Pete from Farjo

Pete from Farjo

Valued member
Nice idea BM. This will hopefully help someone get the repair they need, and by documenting it, will also be informative to others. Look forward to updates on this.

B

Bandit

Don't actually know much about transplants myself but this seems like a nice thing to do(y)

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks guys, hopefully we can help someone out here get repaired. It is a bad situation to be in when your hopes are shattered.

B

Bandit

Thanks guys, hopefully we can help someone out here get repaired. It is a bad situation to be in when your hopes are shattered.

Will the transplant be documented on here Bigmac when it happens?

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Wonderful to do and may is change a life and bring awareness to others! Good on the clinic/doctor who does it.

Rickyg

Rickyg

I have cobblestoning from a dodgy hair transplant in Turkey, I'm wondering what my options are, and if its possible to get the grafts removed completely? It's causing me quite a bit of distress.
Thanks

T

Todd

I have cobblestoning from a dodgy hair transplant in Turkey, I'm wondering what my options are, and if its possible to get the grafts removed completely? It's causing me quite a bit of distress.
Thanks

What does it look like?

Thanks

Hi Rickyg. Sorry to hear of your problems. There seems to be two concerns, the cobblestoning and the graft removal.

Rickyg

Rickyg

inbound5587375695571519893.jpg
inbound1920731952558825263.jpg
inbound3759662953046836800.jpg
inbound5163808304504935921.jpg
inbound80718189915980290.jpg
inbound4702599295741753129.jpg

Rickyg

Rickyg

Would removing the grafted hairs not get rid of the bumps? It was April when I got the transplant, it's still very red.

Last edited:
Would removing the grafted hairs not get rid of the bumps? It was April when I got the transplant, it's still very red.

Dr Arshad has taken a look and from your images he doesn´t feel this is possibly cobblestoning. How long after were your pictures taken?

Rickyg

Rickyg

I got the transplant April 12 this year, the photo is from a couple of days ago

I got the transplant April 12 this year, the photo is from a couple of days ago

It is hard to be specific only seeing your images, but Dr Arshad went on to comment - If you are experiencing any pain then it can be an inflammatory process, especially as in some pictures your scalp looks red. Chronic inflammation, for example, folliculitis causes characteristic features such as, swelling, erythema, and pain. It maybe an idea to have a blood test, specifically checking if your inflammatory markers are raised such as CRP/ESR. Or, if you have any history that may indicate this could be a concern. As said, this cannot be specific to you simply looking at your images. But at this stage in your hair growth you may want to find a reputable Doctor and arrange a personal consultation.

Rickyg

Rickyg

Yeah there is no pain or itching or anything, just redness. Do you think my local gp would be the best bet?