• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Friend at work with Alopecia

R

reddwarf

A close friend and colleague of mine at work confided in me that she has Alopecia and wears a wig last week. To be brutally honest i already new she wore a wig and most of the workers do as well because it's a really poor fitting unnatural looking one. During the conversation she broke down and said she felt as though everyone kept looking at her and it was making her feel like leaving her job, my heart sank hearing how she felt and i really felt upset for her.

Really wanna help this lady and point her in the right direction of a good quality wig maker but don't want to come across as a prat or sound like i'm interfering. What would be the best way to approach this and how could i tell her without sounding like an absolute idiot?

Looking at the web and on Hair forums such as this i have seen a few decent wig suppliers, one that really hit me as natural looking was a company call Nuolawigs, made by a women called Eniola.

Should i just come out with it and show her their online store "Lulla Bellz", or should i just mind my own business and forget it? She did seem like she was asking for advice when she confided in me that's all.

Note to admin

I'm not one of those wig company spammers or anything to do with the company i mentioned above, primarily i'm a member here to research hair transplants but i just wanted to ask people advice.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Don't know much about wigs to be honest dude but I get what you mean about some looking unnatural. I have 2 friends on Facebook believe it or not who have Alopecia and the difference between both is night and day, one looks so realistic nobody would ever know and the other looks fake as shit. If she confided in you then I don't think she would take offence to you helping her provided you used appropriate tact and empathy.....you dont want to come across as a know it all and sound like your criticising her so be careful dude.
Did a quick google search of the ones you mentioned and they look good dude but like I say I dont know diddly about wigs.
I'm guessing quality will be related to price though so maybe she cant afford a really good one....just a thought.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
How did you get on Dwarf dude did you end up helping her or did you leave it be dude.

R

reddwarf

Actually we have spoken about it bullit and I think she was thankful of the advice I gave her.

I started by mentioning my own insecurities about my hair loss and then carefully breached the subject of wigs.

The conversation did seem a little strange at first with me opening up to someone about my desire for a transplant.

Hopefully it has made us closer, I think we spent most of our lunch break that day looking through different types of wigs.

Was expecting a worse reaction than I got and am thankful she is such a nice lady.

She mentioned the other day she has ordered a new wig and showed me the pictures, it looks much better and I hope she attains a little more confidence from it.