• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hair Dr; Dr Arshad; 2000 FUE; Partially Shaven 16.12.2020

duffman

duffman

Valued member
Hi everyone. I recently received 2000 fue grafts from the hairdr (Dr. Arshad) and thought I would give a brief outline of my day and post my progress as I know how beneficial this forum is. This is my second HT – I had previously had an fut 7 years ago. I have also been on 1mg fin since this time. I chose to stay in an Airbnb over a hotel, due to wanting to make my own food that evening etc.

I was told to arrive at the clinic at 7:45 whereby I was greeted by Adam at the reception to discuss any last-minute details and sign all appropriate paperwork. I was then introduced to Dr Arshad and he inspected my donor and together we came up with an appropriate hairline. Dr Arshad spent much time over this, erasing and redrawing the hairline a number of times just to make sure that it was perfect.

Following this I dressed into my gown for the day and had my head shaved – this was something I was apprehensive about but was fortunate to be able to have a partially shaven procedure. I had made sure that I had not cut my hair on top for some time to allow it to grow in an attempt to cover my transplanted area.

Next up it was time to extract my donor hair by initially injecting the anaesthetic – I found this to be a grit your teeth moment as it was far from comfortable. For the extractions we started with a 0.8mm punch but I believe a 0.7mm punch was used in the end. This whole process is done by Dr Arshad and took a few hours, but you just chill and listen to the radio. The technicians then divide the hair grafts in to 1’s, 2’s and 3’s, and further divide the 1’s in to soft 1’s so that a natural hairline can be created. Following this was lunch, which the clinic provides from a neighbouring café.

After a short lunch it was time for the incisions to be made, all done by Dr Arshad. Then the technicians place the graft under instruction and guidance from the Doctor. The technicians frequently rotate to allow a “fresh pair of eyes” to view the work. During this time you can watch TV if you wish, however I just listened to the radio and tried to relax.

Graft breakdown:

1’s: 303

2’s: 1101

3’s: 613

Once it is all done you watch a short video on aftercare, receive all your meds and a sheet explaining when to take them and have a final review with Dr Arshad.

All in all it was a very good experience with all of the staff being extremely helpful and considerate. I will try my best to continue to update this thread, with my next update being tomorrow evening after I have washed my hair (day 7). Any questions let me know.

IMG_7293.JPG

IMG_7294.JPG

IMG_7296.JPG

IMG_7341.JPG

IMG_7338.JPG

IMG_7343.JPG

M

My2021story

Just out of interest, why did you not opt to go for the full shave?

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Sounds like you had a positive experience with the Hair Dr just like me!!

H

Herr Loss

Thanks for posting your experience duffman, it looks like you're going to have a great result!

I'm hoping to have a partial shave procedure myself, how do they decide whether it is a viable option?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Duffman.
Thanks for sharing your story. Those 2000 grafts should make a very nice difference, giving you a fuller hairline.
Is your hair long enough to do a combover to cover the transplanted area?
From your pre op picture, it looks as though you have a full forelock but I assume it had thinned out looking at your graft distribution.
How is the healing process going?

duffman

duffman

Valued member
Hi Duffman.
Thanks for sharing your story. Those 2000 grafts should make a very nice difference, giving you a fuller hairline.
Is your hair long enough to do a combover to cover the transplanted area?
From your pre op picture, it looks as though you have a full forelock but I assume it had thinned out looking at your graft distribution.
How is the healing process going?
I am just under 2 weeks now and once my hair is dry I am able to conceal the work. My hair also grows quickly and is blending in nicely at the back and sides. I am recovering well with no pain and barely any redness. I will update with pictures soon when there is a bit more to show

duffman

duffman

Valued member
Thanks for posting your experience duffman, it looks like you're going to have a great result!

I'm hoping to have a partial shave procedure myself, how do they decide whether it is a viable option?
It just depends on the area that is being transplanted I think. You can discuss this with your doctor during consultation and they will advise better

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Good to hear you're healing well.
I'll look forward to your next update.
Cheers Bm.

H

Hemingway

This looks really good.

I'm having a transplant with The Hair Dr in just over 3 weeks and staying at a hotel after. Can I ask how you found the accommodation in the context of Covid and Leeds being in Tier 3?

duffman

duffman

Valued member
This looks really good.

I'm having a transplant with The Hair Dr in just over 3 weeks and staying at a hotel after. Can I ask how you found the accommodation in the context of Covid and Leeds being in Tier 3?
I used air bnb which was keyless entry. I had no issues with booking - i just stated "medical appointment" on my reason why and nothing further was asked. Are you staying at the holiday inn?

H

Hemingway

I used air bnb which was keyless entry. I had no issues with booking - i just stated "medical appointment" on my reason why and nothing further was asked. Are you staying at the holiday inn?

Yes I have booked at the holiday inn. 4 days to get the worst appearance out of the way and then train back home.

Thanks for letting me know I was a little anxious about getting turned away at the last moment!

duffman

duffman

Valued member
Yes I have booked at the holiday inn. 4 days to get the worst appearance out of the way and then train back home.

Thanks for letting me know I was a little anxious about getting turned away at the last moment!
Just my opinion but if you are planning on staying for 4 days I would suggest an airbnb over the holiday inn as you will have more space to relax in and also use of the kitchen. There is a flat approx 3 mins walk to the clinic on there - costs more than the holiday inn but you would save on paying for lunch and dinner in the hotel. Just a thought

duffman

duffman

Valued member
Just a quick update. I am now 3 weeks post op and have started to shed. Not much to show but may be of interest to people who would also like a partially shaven technique and can see the growth of the donor at this stage. My remaining hair can cover the transplanted zone however I still wear a hat when going out. I still have some redness, at what point is it safe to apply things such as aloe vera?

Attachments

• IMG_3887.jpg
    IMG_3887.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_3889.jpg
    IMG_3889.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 453
  • IMG_3890.jpg
    IMG_3890.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 460
  • IMG_3892.jpg
    IMG_3892.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 443
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like you have retained quite a few of the grafts, they may continue to grow.
After 4 days the grafts are secure. There does not look to be any scalp issues except the redness. You can apply Aloe Vera now.
Your donor looks good.
You are now officially in the ugly duckling phase with hair at different lengths. Your first hair cut will feel good.
Thanks for the update.

duffman

duffman

Valued member
Thanks BM I will start applying aloe Vera from today. Is it a good thing or a bad thing to be maintaining the grafts? Will this affect growth?

D

D18

Hi everyone. I recently received 2000 fue grafts from the hairdr (Dr. Arshad) and thought I would give a brief outline of my day and post my progress as I know how beneficial this forum is. This is my second HT – I had previously had an fut 7 years ago. I have also been on 1mg fin since this time. I chose to stay in an Airbnb over a hotel, due to wanting to make my own food that evening etc.

I was told to arrive at the clinic at 7:45 whereby I was greeted by Adam at the reception to discuss any last-minute details and sign all appropriate paperwork. I was then introduced to Dr Arshad and he inspected my donor and together we came up with an appropriate hairline. Dr Arshad spent much time over this, erasing and redrawing the hairline a number of times just to make sure that it was perfect.

Following this I dressed into my gown for the day and had my head shaved – this was something I was apprehensive about but was fortunate to be able to have a partially shaven procedure. I had made sure that I had not cut my hair on top for some time to allow it to grow in an attempt to cover my transplanted area.

Next up it was time to extract my donor hair by initially injecting the anaesthetic – I found this to be a grit your teeth moment as it was far from comfortable. For the extractions we started with a 0.8mm punch but I believe a 0.7mm punch was used in the end. This whole process is done by Dr Arshad and took a few hours, but you just chill and listen to the radio. The technicians then divide the hair grafts in to 1’s, 2’s and 3’s, and further divide the 1’s in to soft 1’s so that a natural hairline can be created. Following this was lunch, which the clinic provides from a neighbouring café.

After a short lunch it was time for the incisions to be made, all done by Dr Arshad. Then the technicians place the graft under instruction and guidance from the Doctor. The technicians frequently rotate to allow a “fresh pair of eyes” to view the work. During this time you can watch TV if you wish, however I just listened to the radio and tried to relax.

Graft breakdown:

1’s: 303

2’s: 1101

3’s: 613

Once it is all done you watch a short video on aftercare, receive all your meds and a sheet explaining when to take them and have a final review with Dr Arshad.

All in all it was a very good experience with all of the staff being extremely helpful and considerate. I will try my best to continue to update this thread, with my next update being tomorrow evening after I have washed my hair (day 7). Any questions let me know.

View attachment 18041
View attachment 18042
View attachment 18043
View attachment 18045

View attachment 18044

View attachment 18046
Hello mate, I’m gettin mine done by dr ashad in 3 weeks, literally can’t wait.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks BM I will start applying aloe Vera from today. Is it a good thing or a bad thing to be maintaining the grafts? Will this affect growth?
It won't affect anything. It's a natural soothing agent.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
If the grafts continue to grow there’s no problem with that. If you have hair shafts that don’t shed and stay the same length they may be stalked hairs. If so, not a problem, it’s just the discarded shaft that hasn’t been pushed out or fell out.