• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hair thinning

S

shayakdey

My name is Shayak Dey from Kolkata, India. I'm 20yrs old. I'm suffering from hair thinning. I waste so much money on hair products. Now,I don't know what to do. I have consult a homeopathic doctor 6 months ago but it didn't work out. I'm little bit depressed now. I really need help. Please guide me so I can grow my hair back. I'll be waiting your reply.

Attachments

• IMG_20200626_205204.jpg
    IMG_20200626_205204.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 127
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Shayak Dey,
The medically proven methods are Finasteride and Minoxidil. It looks like you are starting to thin out and in my opinion, Finasteride is your best option. It does have a small risk of side effects that you`ll need to check in to.
Personally, I would make contact with hair loss doctors such as Dr Arvind Poswal or Dr Sethi who will be able to advise you on your present situation.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You could try Saw Palmetto or PRP injections.

R

Rolandas

Hair loss is very natural process. If you don't like something what nature created, you have to do it with "unnatural" things.
At this moment there's no proven methods to slow-down your hair loss "naturally". There's some anecdotal evidence vigorous scalp massages might slow progression of hair loss through promoting blood flow just like Minoxidil works (or at least that's what we think).
That being said you can try scalp massages (plenty of videos on youtube), but If I were you I wouldn't experiment with unproven things and having 50/50 chance to regrow or further lose your hair and rather go with something that is proven to work like Finasteride and Minoxidil as Bigmac mentioned.
In the end it's up to you what you will choose, but don't get upset after a year or two of trying "natural remedies" and just find that you lost much more hair.
My only regret is not starting finasteride 5 years ago when I was NW2/3, now I'm NW5a with little hair left.

R

Richie888

The only natural remedy is to take a stop check see if any lifestyle or diet changes could be made to improve health and nutrition. That doesn't mean your diet will prevent DHT but if you are lacking in health it will show on your body in various ways, your hair being one. I had a colleague complaining of hair loss which greatly improved when he stopped eating fast food 7 times a week!

M

mania

Very common issue you are facing of hair thinning I have aslo the same problem I triyed many natural remmedies for this but very much satisified ...