• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hair Transplant - Athens, Greece

J

JTurnbull

Valued member
BAD LUCK wrote:
[/quote]Hope all goes well for u please will u tell us the name of the clinic
[/quote]

Hey badluck

I'm not sure of the name of the Clinic, it was in a building around the corner from the Archaeological Museum.

I've also got to update you guys on a mistake I've made here. I was going through the emails from Clive this morning and noticed that the initial email mentioned the graft/hair count. It was a sesion of 1500 grafts I had, which I was told was appoximately 5000 hairs. So the surgeon would have said I'd had 6000 hairs, not grafts.

1500 grafts does seem a little more down to earth and MAYBE what I've had done, I'm not sure. It looks like they've concentrated on trying to fill the whole of my balding area with only 1500 grafts, hence the spacing of them? I also picked up the name of the surgeon from the emails, I couldn't remember his name. It was George Detsis.

Hope I've set things straight
John

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi.

This looks more like an atempt of 1500 grafts,however i dont know how they can say you got 5000 plus hairs from that many grafts.

I would ask them for an exact graft/hair breakdown.

bm.

S

stratos_28

Valued member
Iam from Greece, unfortunately all hair transplant doctor in Greece are butchers

J

JTurnbull

Valued member
Well here's an update for you all. 5 weeks post op and I'm pretty much as I was pre-op now, with maybe a little less hair I think.

5 WEEKS POST OP
After4.jpg
PRE OP
before1.jpg

It's all quite disheartening to see it how it is now but fingers crossed that this will all be worthwhile. I can't help worrying however that I'm not going to see any results, bearing in mind the state of play regarding how many grafts/hairs I was 'told' I'd had transplanted. It's a bit frustrating waiting to see if this whole thing has been a complete waste of time, effort and money.

Anyway only time will tell I suppose. I'm pretty sure I'll be looking elsewhere to tidy this up if necessary so recommendations on a postcard please.

John

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the update John,hopefully the growth and result will be good.

Did you get a chance to ask the clinic for a graft breakdown

Then you can look into whats next for you.

Take care bm.

M

myhairtransplantation

Hi , which clinic was it? whats the name of the clinic and the doctors name?

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Hey dude welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your experience, i know you are probably mad as hell right now and trust me i know your pain dude but looking at the pics your donor closure looks fine and your donor supply looks ok so im sure you will be able to get sorted. Please keep us updated pal

Last edited:
Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
I really think that you need to sit back and relax and just wait it out and see what happens. Obviously this whole process is very stressful but I would wait for the final results before putting too much stress to it. I hope that it all works out for you. Best of luck. Keep us posted.

NN

H

henry21r

it is just fine... the hair transplants shows the prior sign of allergy but later it reduces to normal...

cigars

J

JTurnbull

Valued member
hey everyone, just a quick update before I head off to bed.

I am now 10 weeks post op and I've noticed some very small hairs, not sure if they are 'new'. However some have mini volcanos erupting where the hair has popped out and others are ok. You can't see on the photo below, but I will see if I can get a closer shot at some point.

after5.jpg

I'll wait until the new year before I put a montage of photos together. Still not sure if we will see anything significant though.

yianniskarousos, the clinic was in the centre of Athens, quite close to the National Museum. The surgeon's name was George Detsis.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
What do you mean by mini volcano? Do you have little bumps in the recipient area, which may be ingrown hairs. There wouldn't be much growth at 10 weeks post op. Thanks for updating and keeping us in the progress loop.

Best of luck.

J

JTurnbull

Valued member
Hi Janna

ok I was over exagerating a little lol. They are red bumps, with a small hair coming from them. I've never had them before, so they are something new for me. I also have a few small hairs growing along the hairline where I don't recall having any before. They are about 3-4mm long.

Now I've never studied my hair this closely before and on such a regular basis, so maybe I'm seeing the natural process of my hair. Could these just be hairs that are regrowing from naturally falling out? Or could this be the result of using clippers? I usually do it myself and run a number 4 over.

My hair has always grown at a rate of knots, which is a little annoying when you try to keep it short and tidy hehe

janna

janna

Valuable Member
That's what I figured you meant by the volcanos. The little bumps (ingrown hairs) are called Folliculitis. It can be treated with antibiotics. But you can first treat it with a very warm wash cloth applied to the affected area two to three times a day for several minutes at a time. If they persist, then you should call your ht physician so they can treat you and document it. They won't hinder growth but you should really have it treated.

J

JTurnbull

Valued member
janna wrote:
That's what I figured you meant by the volcanos. The little bumps (ingrown hairs) are called Folliculitis. It can be treated with antibiotics. But you can first treat it with a very warm wash cloth applied to the affected area two to three times a day for several minutes at a time. If they persist, then you should call your ht physician so they can treat you and document it. They won't hinder growth but you should really have it treated.
ahh ok thanks Janna. I'll see how it goes with the warm cloth and if they persist then I'll go and see what my GP can do

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi John.

Janna has covered the folliculitus issue which is what it sounds like you have.

You seem to be having a little growth,hopefully all the implanted hair will turn out ok.

Its great that you are keeping us updated,feel free to ask any questions if you have any further concerns.

bm.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi JT.

Hows it coming along now,be good to hear from you with an update.

Hope all is well.

bm.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi JTurnbull,

It'd be great to see updates. Included in your photos, it'd be nice to see the back of your head to see your donor area. Can you also use a comb to show your scar line too? Hope you're doing well.

V

vnspramod

There are an increasing number of people opting for hair transplant surgery. No body in this civilized world would like to go bare head at a younger age. Before going for the actual surgery one may get excited about his looks and the complements and comments he would be receiving among his circle. But like all other medical surgeries, transplant hair surgery also requires pre and post caring for its successful completion. The first care you should be taking is regarding protecting the newly grafted scalps from direct sunlight. These grafts are very sensitive to sunlight and can be damaged or result in no hair growth. Therefore, it is very important for you to take care of the newly grafted scalps during early stages. This would help in quickly healing the newly transplanted grafts.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
Depends on how long your in the sun for, if you dont go out in the sun at all you will start lacking vitamin d. Whats with the promotional link aswell?