• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hair transplant failure & depleted area

maximelb

maximelb

Hello,

I have done my 2nd hair transplant surgery in Thailand (Bangkok Hair Solutions) and I’m a bit worried about the results of the surgery and my donor area.

The first surgery (June 2018) was a complete failure (FUE 700 grafts on the front line and 1800 grafts on the crown).

After a few month, I was able to see some baby hairs on the scalp but eventually nothing has grown. I complained to the clinic and they did another surgery 10 month later than the 1st one for free, in April 2019.

It’s been 45 days and not only the donor area is still red but also pretty depleted compared to the 1st time.

FUE.jpg

Why would there be a persistent redness after the 2nd surgery whereas there was not after the 1st one?

Are you under the impression that the donor area is/will be depleted?

Is there any chance that the 2nd surgery will work since the first one didn’t?

They said that it failed for the only reason that I’m a smoker but I smoke only on weekends, around 20 cigarets.

Apart from that, I'm 28 years old and in pretty good health.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated on these questions.

Thanks a lot.
Maxime.

JoeTillman

JoeTillman

Valued member
How many grafts were taken in the second session?

In this image, the extractions were not taken as far forward as on the other side. Is this before more extractions were taken that did push further forward or is this at the end of the day?
FUE.jpg

Unfortunately it is difficult to say for sure what is going on as you might be experiencing donor area shock loss that could be temporary. My first observation, aside from those that require confirmation in the question I asked, is that the extractions were taken from too high up in the back, into the crown region. All you can really do is hang tight and wait for till you're at the 8 month mark to really get an idea of what is going on.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Your donor area looks weak which could suggest overharvesting or shock loss, time will tell. As Joe points out, extractions were taken quite high in an area that is already affected by thinning.
Are you taking any hair loss medications to prevent more loss?

escar

escar

Hi Maximelb,

I'm sorry to give you bad news but it seems that you have been butchered by this clinic, it's clear that they have overharvested the donor in a very unconscious distribution of the extractions, the failure it's not only in the growth but also in the managing of the donor, which will directly affect you in a more significative way than just to be bald, this is worst and it's not easy to fix, for the moment you will have to wait up to 6-8 months to see the degree of damage and possible solutions.

Regards,

V

Viking

What solutions would he have Escar should he need them in 8 months?