• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hair Transplant in Ireland

E

Eire35

Has anyone any experience with ht doctors in Ireland?, i`m thinking of having one next year.The doctors i`ve looked at are DHI clinic, dr Collins...out of my budget unfortunately as i like the results and finally dr Kiely who looks favourite, he claims to have worked with Seager, Unger and Shapiro who all produce top notch work.

Am i wise to schedule a consult first or simply book up as his credentials are very good.A little about myself, i`m 35...been on Propecia for two years with positive results.My hairloss situation, the frontal third will need the grafts as i`m a norwood 3 comparing myself to the chart.

I would dearly like to hear from patients who have been to any of the above doctors.

}:BY:>?

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
Don`t let the location of a clinic make your decision. Its no big deal to get over to Brussels from Ireland. Go see Dr Bisanga to avoid dissapointment.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
I've looked at dr Kiely's website, dont personally like the look of it.

This is your head your talking about, your better off getting no HT at all rather than getting a bad one.

Cost is not a factor when it comes to your well being, I speak from experience, I had a few sub par HT's now I'm going for repair.

P

paddy

Hi eire 35.I cannot urge you enough NOT to go to dr kiely.He is a butcher and will leave you in a situation 100 times worse than your in now.If you do a search on anotherforum for his name you will see some of his patients photos.If your staying in europe check out dr ferudini.dr devroye.or dr bisanga.They are some of the best around.IF you go to the states or canada check out Hasson&Wong.dr rahal.dr feller or dr shapiro.These surgeons are the elite and you can't go wrong with them.Make sure you are on propecia and minoxidil as these will help keep what you have.Do as much research on other forums and doctors patients as possible.

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Eire35 and welcome to the forum.

Dr Collins i`ve heard good reviews about but he is expensive.I`ve yet to see a happy Dr Kiely patient post on any forum.

You have a good choice of doctors represented on this forum,take your time and do plenty of research before deciding anything.

Good to hear the meds are working for you.

bm.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
Instead of going to someone who claims to have worked with Dr Shapiro, just go to the real Dr Shapiro.

Dont be fooled by Dr Kiely's low prices, if you only have enough money for a rusty mini, thats all you will get.

I've heard of HT patients being so depressed with their bad HT's that they killed themselves. This is about making you feel better not worse.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I saw this on his website,while i dont know if he ever worked with the late Dr Seager or Dr W. Unger,i`m pretty sure he has never worked with Dr Ron Shapiro.

Maybe he stood next to him at a workshop or conference. :)

His interest in hair transplant surgery began in 1990 when he had a hair transplantation procedure carried out on himself. This prompted the development of his interest in hair transplant surgery and wishing to train with a world renowned hair transplant surgeon he travelled to the Seager Hair Institute in Toronto, Canada where he trained with the internationally recognised Dr. David Seager.
He continued to visit other centres of international excellence and worked with other world renowned hair transplantation surgeons such as Dr. Ron Shapiro, Minneapolis and Dr. Walter Unger, New York

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
I can't comment directly about Dr. Kiely but since I have been researching docs for over 3 years and am not familiar with him is not a good thing. I would like to see Janna comment on this because I do recall Dr. Ron Shapiro "working" with a physician from Ireland.

Be very cautious of the phrase "working with". Many physicians throw this around too loosely. It might have meant that they observed a surgery of theirs once. Too me there needs to be a longer working relationship before statements like that can/should be made.

Do NOT let distance be a factor in your decision. Guys are 100% correct. A bad HT is much worse than just being bald. No question about it. I personally have a short list of about 10 docs that I would let near my head and that is world wide. Research, research, research.

NN

janna

janna

Valuable Member
I recall getting an alert of Dr. Kiely's website's about 2 years go. Dr. Kiely "observed" Dr. Ron's procedure one day at our clinic about 5 years ago. So you have to be careful about what you read on clinics'websites. We had Dr. Maurice Collins visit our clinic for couple days with his head technician in March of '07. Dr. Collins then invited Dr. Shapiro and I to visit his clinic after the European conference in Paris (May 07). Dr. Cooley and Dr. Haber came along. It was a great site visit but to say "worked with" is not quite the correct term. They all shared their techniques and ideas for couple days - much like a very small ht workshop.

We welcome many HT doctors from all over the world on a regular basis. In fact, we have a physician arriving from South Korea in less than two weeks. Dr. Ron tries to relay that they are here for observing only and should not claim they "worked with" Dr. Ron in their marketing but we know his wishes are not always respected. Aside from the doctors who were part of Shapiro Medical Group (Keene, Rose, Charles), Dr. Jean DeVroye probably come closest to "working with" Dr. Shapiro with his two separate week long visits and his collaboration with Dr. Ron in ht surgery workshops over number of year.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
Sounds a lot like false advertising on Dr Kielys part then, thats not allowed in Ireland.

E

Eire35

Thankyou to all that have replied, the input has been most helpful.It would seem that i`ll have to look further afield than Ireland if i decide to have a hair transplant.

I`ve put any consultations on hold...i`ll continue researching, may add Rogaine foam to my regime.

Will keep you all updated on my progress and decisions.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds good to me,i hope the forum helps you in your research.

bm.

U

UK Chap

Hair transplants need to be thoroughly researched as i`ve seen all too often doctors claiming to be "leaders" and "pioneers" on their marketing websites.

Chappers

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
UK Chap wrote:
Hair transplants need to be thoroughly researched as i`ve seen all too often doctors claiming to be "leaders" and "pioneers" on their marketing websites.

Chappers

Hopefully this forum will help you in your research and in making an informed decision.

bm.