• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hair transplant in U.K. or abroad?

A

AMV8

1mg per day is the recommended dose. 3 months may be too early to see any benefit, if no sides it's advised a minimum of 6 months.
Propecia or Proscar are the main brands. Usually they cost more than the generics. I use generic Finasteride. Probably been using it from around 2007 - 2008 after being on Proscar since 2005.
Have u noticed much difference since using finasteride? Much hair re growth, have u needed a hair transplant at any point?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve had multiple hair transplants. My story is in the patient section.
Unfortunately I had a few bad ones before I knew about Finasteride. Then it was repair work I needed after starting Finasteride.
Without a doubt Finasteride stopped or slowed my hair loss down to a snails pace.
Overall, it improved my hair and regrew miniaturised hairs. Without it, my crown would have expanded further, dropping down at the back and reaching my hairline.

A

AMV8

Have u ever heard of or suffered from dizziness using finasteride?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Not me but my nephew has and a few members on here have. Are you experiencing dizziness?

A

AMV8

I experiences dizziness often which I think is related to an inner ear issue. I don’t use finasteride atm - worried when I start it may become worse..

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Probably best to see your family doctor and ask about it.
Topical Finasteride may be a better option as the risk of sides are supposed to be less.
Essengen-F is one to consider.