• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hairline & Temple Work - Dr. Ron Shapiro

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Here is work by Dr. Ron Shapiro on a local patient who has ideal hair characteristics with very good donor density and laxity. I think we can all agree his degree of loss is minimal compared to many out there. He is in his mid 40's and wanted his hairline and temples addressed.

Here are his pre-op.

2176 Grafts - 4178 Hairs - with Dr. Ron Shapiro

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

janna

janna

Valuable Member
1 Day Post Op after shampoo -

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

10 Days Post op after suture removal and hair trim -

Slidea.jpg

Slideb.jpg

Slidec.jpg

Slided.jpg

Slidee.jpg

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
hi janna looks great just wondering is it any harder to do temple points than the rest of the scalp? do you have to use just one hair grafts? and is there a specific area the hair should be extracted from the donor so its closer to the colour and calibur of original temple hairs?

cheers j:)

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi BN,

I would say it is more difficult to address the temple points and sideburns, especially when it comes to planting. The patients are sitting upright and you are working on the side on the face so you feel like you're working upside down. When an incision is made, the blade goes up so that the planted grafts lays flat along the face.

Fine caliber single hair grafts are used where appropriate and they are used at the temple points but some two hairs can be added as you move back. Generally, you get a mix of different caliber single hairs in a given donor area so we separate the fine from strong hairs.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looks great,his degree of loss would have bothered me and i`d have gotten a HT like him to sort it out.

His donor bank looks excellent.

Is the patient on meds?also with his loss pattern,did he lose the hair gradually over a long period of time rather than losing it in the last few years.

Hope that makes sense.

bm.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi Hairline and Colin,

I don't have updates for this patient but we'll work on it. ;)

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi, we're happy to post this patient's results. He is happy with the naturalness of his ht session with Dr. Ron Shapiro. He normally wears his hair combed forward instead of the way we combed it for pictures. When it is combed forward, you cannot see any signs of hair loss. I don't think most people can see hairloss at this point when hair is combed back, however, the patient feels since he hasn't experienced any further loss, he may want to tweak the left side a tad in the future.

UPDATE

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg