• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hairtransplant without meds

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all.

How many of you have had a Hair Transplant without taking any meds ie Propecia and Rogaine.

If you have done this,have you experienced more hairloss since your HT and if so are you now considering another HT or giving the meds a try first.

Thanks bm.

P

plugs&co

Valued member
Hi Bigmac i stopped taking them under doctors advice.Gave me a sore testicle.:?

Hope to upload my pics soon. It's plugs&co here, had bother loging in so change my name. May be after the weekend,got a lot of parties with hogmany tomorrow.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Great to see you here,i like the uncle plugs name.

Have a great Hogmanay,not much point in saying dont drink too much:).

I`ll be out on the lash later to celebrate as well.

Looking forward to seeing your updates.

All the best

bm.

T.C

T.C

Good to c u back BM!!!. I tried propecia for 3 months but got same sides as uncle plugs so i am med free, and had first ht 2.5 years ago in front area.As you know BM i went to DHI and they didnt fill in all areas anyway (one side in particular).The other side I have lost a little but still content as it is and can cut it to an inch on top and front but dont like it shorter because thin areas behind temples can be seen more before it grows back.My miniturizing areas that I can notice are only the front(most replaced) and top centre,not the crown.I think it is a nw5 a or v variant pattern (could be wrong) which a small percentage of men have.i will wait as long as pos before doing another ht to see what happens first.its a waiting game!!!.I only use nizorelle 1% which leaves the hair looking good.Time to hit the pub now,happy new year!!!.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi TC , glad you found this place.

I truly hope your result turns out good.

One thing i noticed with my own experience and hair transplants,the two clinics i had a poor experience with never once asked if i was taking meds or advised me to do so.

T.C

T.C

Thanks BM,They didnt ask me either about meds as they dont care about you really,just do a poor job pretending to!!.We are all wiser for the experience now.

S

Seasider

Hi - I'm one not on meds. Dr Feller said as I had pretty much lost everything in my crown there was little point in taking them.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone else had a successful HT without using any meds.

M

Mountain

Valued member
Two words to describe a transplant without Propecia: high risk.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
yup unless you are over a certain age and have very little hairloss thats happened very slowly over a number of years...then i wouldn't personally take the risk.

Good topic this....i would be curious to see results from patients not on any sort of meds

Last edited:
Z

zionaxel

Valued member
I shouldn ´t of joked as basically when the guy took the top of my forehead off i felt it cutting, nearly sent me into shock. Not good...

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
zionaxel wrote:
I shouldn ´t of joked as basically when the guy took the top of my forehead off i felt it cutting, nearly sent me into shock. Not good...
blimey....not good dude;ss;