• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

HD video, donor shaven after 3400 FUE

• Thread starter Sabine-Prohairclinic
  • Start date
Sabine-Prohairclinic

Sabine-Prohairclinic

FUE hair transplantation - SMP
I would like to present a video in HD quality of a donor area that has had 3400 grafts removed (2008) prior to his second FUE in 2010(1000 grafts).

We used 0.80 mm extraction instruments and a random harvest extraction pattern. This patient was categorized by us as a €˜difficult €™ case. His hair direction shifted constantly making that the extractor had to adjust for each graft scored. This makes that the extraction time increases as we do not want to raise transaction levels. A 30% harvesting protocol was used for donor removal. Nevertheless the entire procedure was performed over a 2 day period within a 9 hour treatment time in order not to make it too hard for the patient and his grafts.

As you can see the donor area looks virtually untouched after removing 7000+ hairs. Under normal lighting and when the patient is moving nobody would be able to detect missing hairs from the donor. We taped this video in HD quality, under harsh lighting conditions, donor area shaved to 1 mm, and the patient not moving. I would make a case that most viewers would agree that the donor looks virtually undetectable even under these circumstances.
The patient only allows us to use these images for documentation purposes, no other materials will be shown. Please understand that we always respect the patients privacy wishes.

Patients that require or request to harvest +3000-3500 grafts via FUE may start seeing white dots showing missing grafts at extremely short hair style. FUE is not magic and therefore patients going for very high numbers may want to keep their donor hair a bit longer (5 mm) in order to disguise any white dots. On the other hand FUE using tiny extraction instruments is probably the only harvesting method available today that gives patient the option of having hair longer or shorter without the risk of showing any type of linear scarring. Patient requiring large amount of grafts (5000+) can do so if they understand the consequences of donor thinning.

Our experience of performing 6 years of €˜FUE only €™ has given us the opportunity to slowly tap into some of the €˜unknown €™ limits : punch size and FUE harvesting possibilities.
I will comment more on these subjects in a next post.

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/NK1f4uaieQI&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Last edited:
D

drmwamba

Valued member
Hi Sabine ,

With my trained eyes I can tell !!!

You are right only trained eyes can tell .

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Sabine,i can`t see too much as the video is not close enough for me.I did notice what looks like a round scar on his right side,will he be getting fue into that.

Be great if the patient popped backed in and allowed you to take some pictures with his hair around the 1-2 cm mark.

Thanks bm.

T.C

T.C

I also can notice white dots but with FUE this is normal to see with hair so short.I dont think Joe Bloggs would notice anything different going on though.

H

hairtech

Hi Sabine!

I agree with Dr. Mwamba... I can see the dots but a person that does not know the difference would not detect this. Also the extraction pattern is very uniform within the donor so this helps.

Good job because if this patient wants to shave his head, he can. :)

Sofarsogood

Sofarsogood

Valued member
Looks good but one can't see much in that video.
An extreme, in focus close-up would show the situation much better.

Just sayin'.
Peace.