• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Helllllpppp!!!! Donar area ruined???

W

William1987

Please help! I’m so anxious my donar area is ruined and all the clinic say is it will be 6 months and it will be fine, it’s shock loss I’m nearly 4 months post op and this is my donar. I had a high skin fade 3 weeks ago so it is short but I think that it won’t recover and I need to go and see a surgeon in the UK! I need honest opinions of people who know what they are talking about. All
Photos apart from the last are under a bright light

C8ADB8D8-9357-41B9-8FD7-D1EF3617B3E7.jpeg
DC2C03D7-0588-492A-B344-553A99A7EED1.jpeg
FC1D45F5-3B72-4A5A-A312-947DD7460CF7.jpeg
E63C0482-BC1A-4948-A43B-C5CD64A576A2.jpeg
CFB9DB2B-DBF9-4FF6-9B7C-DF10A14EAA3C.jpeg

Philw

Hi mate please don't panic yet
Give it bit more time u might be a slow healer ok
Obviously u had a strip procedure in the past
When hair is cut short it always makes things look worse for abit
Just try to let it heal mate
It is still quite early
Dont stress yourself out ok
Deffo looks like shockloss and it always grows back especially in donar area

W

William1987

Thank you for your reply phil, I will give it up to 6 months. I just hope it thickens up and if I grow it long enough it will cover any sign of surgery. I think I did have really bad shock loss this was taken 3 weeks post op
BFB7E299-1B3D-4863-8B18-32FE9049BFE5.jpeg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
William, you have already asked and posted about your shock loss here.

W

William1987

Also as u have the strip scar it makes the areas more obvious
Please mate give it more time
Hi Phil. How much time do you think I should give it before I complain to the clinic? It just stressing me out so much and I keep checking it everyday which I know is ridiculous. I had 1500 grafts. Is it best to get a barber to try and blend it in or just leave it completely to grow as much as possible ? Have you seen similar donars that have recovered? Thanks Phil

Philw

Hi mate i get, it must be destroying u
How long has it been now ?
I would just grow it longer now cos as its short it exposes the strip scar and thin areas u have
Yes I've seen people with fue where there has been shockloss which 9 out of 10 times always grows back
Have u any new pics of the area
Wanna see if it is shockloss or deplended fue meaning too much was took in one area

W

William1987

Thanks mate. It’s been just over 3.5 months and I have definitely seen some improvement as there were 2 completely bald patches that do have hair on now. The hair is juts so fine and isn’t dark like the rest of my hair.
3C433147-8E42-4F41-BD8D-51152B66F0D8.jpeg
E3245E4F-0919-42AE-B889-68BB2AECF8DE.jpeg
802D5E00-4E95-406B-9AA4-FFF79780F2F0.jpeg

Philw

Early days mate deffo shockloss there
Just grow at back a bit longer
Try to stop thinking about it
I KNOW ITS HARD MATE
Wait till may june time see how it is then
Looks normal for fue shockloss

M

MaxMidlander

Oh my god ! That looks scary . Where did you have surgery ? Hope it heals OK !!!

W

William1987

Its all normal at this time mate
I feel like I’m having a breakdown down, the more I look at it and research the more I believe they destroyed my donar. I don’t know what to do? I’m going to maybe call a clinic in London to have a look at it I just need the truth so I can begin to process it

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Severe shock loss like yours can take 6 months to recover. All you can do is wait it out. A skin fade hair style may help blend everything in while you wait.

Dr Arvind

Dr Arvind

Valued member
Please help! I’m so anxious my donar area is ruined and all the clinic say is it will be 6 months and it will be fine, it’s shock loss I’m nearly 4 months post op and this is my donar. I had a high skin fade 3 weeks ago so it is short but I think that it won’t recover and I need to go and see a surgeon in the UK! I need honest opinions of people who know what they are talking about. All
Photos apart from the last are under a bright light

View attachment 37560View attachment 37561View attachment 37562View attachment 37563View attachment 37564

Many of these grafts have definitely been taken from outside the safe donor area.
I do not understand why any doctor would commit such a basic mistake.
Hair transplanted from the unsafe donor area will be lost once the hairloss progresses up the Norwood scale.

Regards,
Dr A

Doron HDC coordinator

Doron HDC coordinator

For Consultation with HDC WhatsApp +972526542654
Can you upload photos of the punch job right after the surgery?