• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Help needed....

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Check out the results posted by clinics and the patient review posts.
Do you have any pictures to show your current hair loss situation?

P

Paninari

Hi there Bigmac here are some profile shots

Attachments

• 20200622_173344.jpg
    20200622_173344.jpg
    371.4 KB · Views: 113
  • 20200622_173003.jpg
    20200622_173003.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 131
  • 20200622_173013.jpg
    20200622_173013.jpg
    488 KB · Views: 155
  • 20200622_173301.jpg
    20200622_173301.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 122
  • 20200622_173312.jpg
    20200622_173312.jpg
    377.2 KB · Views: 127
  • 20200622_173438.jpg
    20200622_173438.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 109
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Checking into the medications is a wise thing to do. Your hair loss pattern could progress further without them. If you get a hair transplant without meds the doctor should plan ahead in case you do lose more. You want a hair transplant that will still look natural if this happens, you may need a second hair transplant which will depend on donor availability.
If you have an in person consult or see the doctor on the day of surgery, they should check your hair for signs of miniturisation and advise you accordingly.
Looking at your pictures I would guess between 2500 - 3000 grafts is what you need to create a new hairline and fill in the thinning areas. Graft numbers will all depend on what you want to achieve and what the doctor advises.

P

Paninari

Checking into the medications is a wise thing to do. Your hair loss pattern could progress further without them. If you get a hair transplant without meds the doctor should plan ahead in case you do lose more. You want a hair transplant that will still look natural if this happens, you may need a second hair transplant which will depend on donor availability.
If you have an in person consult or see the doctor on the day of surgery, they should check your hair for signs of miniturisation and advise you accordingly.
Looking at your pictures I would guess between 2500 - 3000 grafts is what you need to create a new hairline and fill in the thinning areas. Graft numbers will all depend on what you want to achieve and what the doctor advises.

Who should I speak to regarding medication local go, hair TP doctor? What should I be using/taking? Does medication stop/slowdown hair loss or help regrow lost hair? Any help would be great

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
I've been on Finasteride nearly a year now and it seems to have stopped my hair loss with what I think is some regrowth. It will only regrow dormant follicles or miniaturised hairs, dead grafts are gone for good. Places like dr fox or united pharmacies sell it pretty cheap. You could see your own doctor about it as well or go through a hair transplant clinic. I have a few posts about my hair loss and Finasteride usage if you want to take a look.

P

Paninari

I've been on Finasteride nearly a year now and it seems to have stopped my hair loss with what I think is some regrowth. It will only regrow dormant follicles or miniaturised hairs, dead grafts are gone for good. Places like dr fox or united pharmacies sell it pretty cheap. You could see your own doctor about it as well or go through a hair transplant clinic. I have a few posts about my hair loss and Finasteride usage if you want to take a look.
Ive just ordered some along with minoxidil 5%. Is it worth trying them out both ?

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
I`ve been told they work best when using both together but if you stop using one or both you will lose any gains made.

R

Rolandas

If you will use both of them in the same time you're loosing the chance to see what will and what won't work for you, although you're saving yourself at least a year from "trying out" and potentially you can save more hair. That being said both Finasteride & Minoxidil are proven to work in wast majority of people, so definitely if you're "in a rush" get yourself on both as they work somewhat synergystically.