• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

HGC (Hair Growth Centre) London, Maida Vale

Philw

There is a certain length u hair and hair transplant has to be to make it look its best
If its cut too short it tends not to blend in
As the transplants are so healthy etc they almost always look to thick coarse looking
When u grow transplants longer they always give u a stringy apperance

S

SimBa

There is a certain length u hair and hair transplant has to be to make it look its best
If its cut too short it tends not to blend in
As the transplants are so healthy etc they almost always look to thick coarse looking
When u grow transplants longer they always give u a stringy apperance
So you would say a crop of around 1 - 2 inches is about ideal for people with a HT and boost this with products like fibers to add density etc ?

Philw

I always think fibres are a must just to give u that boost
On length i think u have 2 play around with styles cos everyones hair texture etc is different

S

SimBa

On length i think u have 2 play around with styles cos everyones hair texture etc is different
I hear you but generally are you saying shorter is likely to offer a more effective appearance ; if yes, what length has looked best in your experience of seeing people with HT's ?

Philw

I would say shorter but i would say about 2 to 3 inches on top
Any longer u get that comb over apperance
Any shorter it dont blend in well
Then just a sprinkle of fibres
Ive tried all concealers dermatch, nanogen fibres, toppik best i found was gofybr

M

MaxMidlander

I looked into them myself . Really not sure .... lots of reviews tho

J

JonathanLondon

Any update Jonathan?
I hope you are doing ok.
Update on my FUE experience with Hair Growth Centre, Maida Vale, London.

My FUE procedure was disappointing, and results are poor. Very low density made the procedure look unnatural and huge disappointment. I was attracted by the price, and avoiding foreign travel. It became apparent that I would need a second procedure to make it look acceptable.

I would have far preferred to go to a more reputable clinic for this second procedure which I know would achieve better results. However, I found the cost of this was not possible for me, as this would have been many thousands of pounds/Euros which I don’t have.

After much consideration, I agreed to go for a second procedure, this time with Dr Zakar Rafiq at the same clinic. He seems to have a good reputation and more information about him online than the previous 'doctor' I saw the first time. The goal was to add density, which Doctor Rafiq was confident could be achieved. We had several conversations where he tried to reassure me.

My main reason for the choice was financial. They offered a very reduced fee - costs only, to add density to the initial implants. I realise that there is a strong argument that they shouldn't have charged anything, but that didn't happen. My choice was to leave it as it was (unsatisfactory), or try to get something better from them, with a view that any improvement would be better than no improvement. The effort was purely on the hairline area.

Below are some images of the results.
IMG_9358.jpeg
IMG_9372.jpeg
IMG_9374.jpeg
IMG_9373.jpeg

In summary of this entire experience, if i had a time machine, I would obviously have gone elsewhere in the beginning had I known how sub par and bad overall HGC would be. The quality of the doctors and their work is a joke. They are dishonest, because they will not acknowledge that they did a poor job, but they say that other factors caused the low density that I experienced. Having viewed a lot of material and read huge amounts on how these procedures can be expected to go, I believe that this is simply false. They carried out poor work that frankly should not be allowed in the UK.

I would recommend in the strongest terms against anyone considering going to Hair Growth centre. I believe you will most likely get much better results by going to Turkey, even to an average priced clinic. But please look at others’ experiences first to make the most informed decision.

Thanks for people’s input on this forum, which I found helpful.

S

SimBa

Update on my FUE experience with Hair Growth Centre, Maida Vale, London.

My FUE procedure was disappointing, and results are poor. Very low density made the procedure look unnatural and huge disappointment. I was attracted by the price, and avoiding foreign travel. It became apparent that I would need a second procedure to make it look acceptable.

I would have far preferred to go to a more reputable clinic for this second procedure which I know would achieve better results. However, I found the cost of this was not possible for me, as this would have been many thousands of pounds/Euros which I don’t have.

After much consideration, I agreed to go for a second procedure, this time with Dr Zakar Rafiq at the same clinic. He seems to have a good reputation and more information about him online than the previous 'doctor' I saw the first time. The goal was to add density, which Doctor Rafiq was confident could be achieved. We had several conversations where he tried to reassure me.

My main reason for the choice was financial. They offered a very reduced fee - costs only, to add density to the initial implants. I realise that there is a strong argument that they shouldn't have charged anything, but that didn't happen. My choice was to leave it as it was (unsatisfactory), or try to get something better from them, with a view that any improvement would be better than no improvement. The effort was purely on the hairline area.

Below are some images of the results.
View attachment 42817View attachment 42818View attachment 42819View attachment 42820

In summary of this entire experience, if i had a time machine, I would obviously have gone elsewhere in the beginning had I known how sub par and bad overall HGC would be. The quality of the doctors and their work is a joke. They are dishonest, because they will not acknowledge that they did a poor job, but they say that other factors caused the low density that I experienced. Having viewed a lot of material and read huge amounts on how these procedures can be expected to go, I believe that this is simply false. They carried out poor work that frankly should not be allowed in the UK.

I would recommend in the strongest terms against anyone considering going to Hair Growth centre. I believe you will most likely get much better results by going to Turkey, even to an average priced clinic. But please look at others’ experiences first to make the most informed decision.

Thanks for people’s input on this forum, which I found helpful.
Hey mate

Sorry to read the results weren't as expected. With the price reduced on the second procedure, hopefully you could get the result you wanted for around 3.5k, plus the hassle factor involved. Hope it goes well.

Have you got pictures of before and after of your hair longer ?