• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

How many days before transplanted grafts are safely secured in your scalp?

W

Wrestlemania

I had an FUE hair transplant 4days ago and was wondering how many days it is before the grafts are secured in place. My work involves wearing a hat for protection which makes my head sweaty and I don`t want to compromise the grafts in any way.

duffman

duffman

Valued member
I think after 4 days the grafts are secure; however I would ask your surgeon for their advice. Where did you have your procedure done?

W

Wrestlemania

My surgeon said it was around 5 days to be absolutely sure but I just wanted to confirm with the members who`ve been through this. It was Istanbul I had it. I have loads of scabs with some on my pillow with hair in them when I wake up. I am pretty sure this is the normal stage of shedding or is it too early for that?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
After 4 days your grafts will be secure, the skin has closed up around the incision by then. If you can, remove your hat as much as possible just to let your scalp breathe and cool down.
Scabbing is normal at this stage. If you have some on your pillow it will be early shedding.
Have you or did you use a saline or similar spray on the recipient area post op?

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
4 days is enough and shedding can start at this stage as well.

W

Wrestlemania

Thank you everyone for confirming this because I now understand not to worry to much and let nature take its course. Half of the grafts have now shed which is sad as I liked my new hair. I take my hat off every half hour is so and keep out of the sunlight, so far my head does not sweat as much as I feared so everything is working out right now. My clinic was Fuecapillar with 2130 grafts. I am happy with my experience so far and in a year I will be better placed to make a final judgement.

Cosmedica Clinic

Cosmedica Clinic

Cosmedica UK
Grafts are secure from day 4. However, we advise our patients to take extra care to avoid any accidental damage such as a knock to the head.

The Maitland Clinic

The Maitland Clinic

Valued member
By the 6th post-operative day, the grafts are secure.