• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

How many grafts do I need?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
No problem. It is usually a sign that it`s working. You see an improvement, then it sheds and then comes back stronger. Lot`s pf people think it`s not working at this shed stage and stop using it thinking it does not work.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
Thanks for the advice and support. I`ll ride it out and keep my fingers crossed I`m a good responder.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, stick with it if you`re not suffering from any side effects.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
How long will it take for my hair to recover from this shed? I don`t think I`ve had any side effects either. Is it worth taking things like Biotin, MSM, iron supplements as I read that they are supposed to help your hair grow and stay healthier?

How long will it take for my hair to recover from this shed? I don`t think I`ve had any side effects either. Is it worth taking things like Biotin, MSM, iron supplements as I read that they are supposed to help your hair grow and stay healthier?

Hi @Kevboy , a hair shed can take a few weeks to calm down before the hair growth cycle gets back into a more normal pattern again. MSM, Biotin etc are commonly used by many as supplements to use alongside treatments such as minox and finasteride. As a regime they can help overall with general health of your hair. MSM for example is a sulfur-rich compound with anti-inflammatory properties. MSM sulfur can form bonds essential to strengthening hair and influencing hair growth. Hope your hair shed recovers soon, best of luck.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
As long as it grows back soon I`ll be happy. I looked at MSM in Holland and Barrets, there were a few different types. Any idea which one I should try?
Cheers for the reply HairDr.

As long as it grows back soon I`ll be happy. I looked at MSM in Holland and Barrets, there were a few different types. Any idea which one I should try?
Cheers for the reply HairDr.

Hi @Kevboy, if they have many types it maybe best to ask at the store which is best suited to treat hair. MSM is generally safe to take in doses ranging from 500 milligrams to 3 grams daily. MSM is also available in a powder although the FDA don´t make any recommendation of a daily dosage.

S

smokeybacon

I don´t think it can hurt to use supplements, worth it if they can help even a little.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
I bought the 500mg capsules which I`m taking 2 per day. I`ll let you all know if I see an improvement while using it.

S

smokeybacon

Hope you get the benefit from them, would like to hear how you get on.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
Too early to say right now. I`m figuring it will take several months before I know if it helps or not.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi Kevboy!

Can I ask how old you are? If you’re going to be taking Finasteride, I would recommend adding Regaine foam to your regimen. The bottle says to apply twice daily but start out once a day. Some people get skin irritation to the foam so keep an eye on the condition of your skin. Best of luck!!

D

danielaustralia

I honestly think the more important question is 'What surgeon has the highest graft survive rate?' Some clinics will say we give you 3000 but if only 500 survive , not good choice of surgeon. Rate of survival is just as important as quantity. Good luck Kev

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
@janna. I’ll think about using the Rogaine. Most people say Finasteride is the best one for crowns.

I don’t think my hair is improving but I’ll stick to it for a year.

A6101B7A-73E1-459D-8D3F-9FC98DC1002B.jpeg7278F321-F322-41E0-89E3-9484EB43BCDC.jpeg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Kevboy.
Your hair looks pretty similar to your original images. Sometimes it looks like it is improving and others it doesn`t. Maybe lighting playing tricks. One thing it may be doing is preventing any more loss, you have enough hair right now that gives a thin full coverage. Maybe this is the best that it will do for you. This is still good if you then decide you want a hair transplant you will be in a better position to go ahead.
Stick with it as there is still time for improvement.
All the best.
Bm.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
I hear what you’re saying. If holding onto what I have is possible, then it’s still a positive.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Yes it is Kevboy. Keep researching and asking questions. Don't rush into anything.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
I won’t rush into anything that’s for sure, My hair looks to have improved a little, maybe I was shedding because of the finasteride. It is another positive that has given me a spring in my step. I’ll post a few pictures in 2 weeks to compare.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Kevboy. It does look as though it has improved a bit when compared to some of your earlier pictures. Stick with it, it can take 12 months plus to fully work and it has most likely stopped you from losing more hair which is important.
Hang in there and thanks for keeping us updated on your progress.
All the best.
Bm.