• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

How many grafts do I need?

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
Thanks Bigmac. For what it costs I’ll stick with it as long as I don’t get any negatives effects from using it. I’d rather keep what hair I have, and possibly look at an Fue procedure in the future.
sometimes I think my hair looks as though it has improved, then next month it looks the same or worse. I know this could be down to shedding but how many times each year does your hair shed?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Kevboy.
I`d have lost a lot more hair if I was not using Finasteride, so going by my own experience I`d say definitely stick with it. Your hair does look like there is improvement when I look at all your pictures. You could try some hair fibres or another concealer if the thinner parts bother you. Shedding can happen anytime. we shed a certain amount of hairs every day but when using Finasteride, again my own experience, the shedding seems to be twice per year and more aggressive than the normal daily amount. It soon grows back, this could be why some months you feel your hair looks worse.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
Thanks again Bigmac you’ve been a great help. I doubt I’ll go down the concealer route, I’ll keep my hair short, see how it stabilises and then possibly go for some Fue in the future.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
No problem Kevboy, I`m glad the forum has helped you.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
Anybody else think my hair is improving or still the same?

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Kevboy

Thanks for the updates you can see the difference in the pictures but it could be a shed , so just stick with it bud for a few more months the option is always their for a HT at a later date , try and take your pictures in the same room with same light so you can get consistency , wishing you all the best

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
Thanks Dazzster for the moral support. I will try to take the pictures in the same conditions, minus the dirty mark on the wall
A hair transplant is something I wil probably do once I know my hair loss has stopped.
I did begin reading your posts about your hair transplants, quite the journey you've been on. I'll complete reading them tmw, my other half so sister is round so I will leave them to it and do a spot of reading.

Raphael84

Raphael84

Valued member
Kevboy

How are you?
It does appear that there may have been some improvement when taking a look at your most recent photos. With your hair colour and the minimal contrast to your skin tone, without very high quality photographs, it can be difficult to accurately evaluate but it does look better.
Sorry if I may have missed it somewhere within your thread, may I ask how old you are?

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
Thanks Raphael84 for the feedback. I'm 29, fit and healthy apart from the hair loss. Until I can access a better quality camera phone my pictures will be like this.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
Hello everyone I`m feeling positive after seeing my latest pictures. My crown looks like it`s got a swirl back plus more hair. What does everyone think?

finasteride growth.JPG

finasteride result.JPG

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Friend

Well you certainly tested the meds out and it is paying off for sure congrats , the swirl is easily identified in the pictures and plenty of hair are around it , have you tried using Rogaine Foam because there has been some good results with it as well especially when using the fin as well , anyway its nice to see your positive post and remember if your feeling positive about the way things are going then that is what is important friend as we are our worst critic , all the best stick with it .

Daz

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
Cheers Dazzster I`m really grateful for all the support from the members of this forum as without it I would have given up long ago and probably had a hair transplant that I could have regretted if my hair kept falling out. I read many of your comments, always supportive and positive, you`re a real inspiration mate.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Kevboy, I think the shedding you had prior was a worry for you but things are looking quite different now. The swirl is there, your hair overall looks decent. It could be that you caught the MPB early enough so you won`t need a hair transplant.
I`m really pleased for you as I know how much it was bothering you.
All the best.
Bm.

ps, here is a comparison, even though lighting is different the improvement is there.

Finasteride 6 months.jpg
finasteride growth.JPG

W

Wheresmyhair

You stuck with it bud and hit the big time, You have every right to be feeling positive because it looks awesome. What a difference in those comparison pictures. You could grow your hair out now and try out a few styles.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
Thank you wheresmyhair I am very happy and might just take your advice to grow my hir out.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
Bigmac I owe you big time. You've always been there to answer and support my concerns publicly and privately. I must have sounded like a nutter the amount of times I messaged you but you always took the time to reply and reassure me which I'll always be thankful for.
Anything I can do to give back I will.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Kev. I`m pleased the forum members and myself were here to support you and express our opinions.