• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

How many grafts required?

C

CP Company66

First time poster, long time lurker.

I have read a great deal on this forum and decided only recently the need to do something about my hairloss situation. I only wish my circumstances had allowed this opportunity earlier. I had work carried out roughly 10 years ago which was appropriate at that time. Over time my hairloss has progressed to what it is today, see picture. Now the previous work needs fixing up.

How many grafts will be required to provide a reasonable non balding look that hides the previous work? I was thinking strip is the best way forward as I already have a strip scar which is not a problem as I keep my hair long.

Thanks for this forum as it certainly has helped in more ways than one.

My research continues..................

Attachments

• thinning crown.JPG
    thinning crown.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 1,215
G

You probably need in the region of 2000 grafts to give a decent covering... some of the bigger pluggy grafts may need excising out. Are you using Propecia or Rogaine?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Have you still got a strong hairline as your hairloss pattern is similar to my own.Crowns can use up lots of precious donor grafts so be careful on your approach in case you lose more hair.Iwould also say 2000 should provide a nice coverage for you and provide a non balding look.

If you`re not on meds i would give them a go and see how you get on.I

I`m pleased you find the forum helpful and thanks for joining and sharing your story as it helps others who only read.

Cheers BM.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi,

From the lone pic, I would estimate you need around 1500-2000 grafts in the crown area. BM is right that crowns tend to use up a lot of grafts. Some of the bigger grafts may need to be punched out, split and redistributed for more natural look like Weasel stated.

Spex

Indeed, given ur hair charateristic (which appears very good) a 1500-2000 session would really help camoflauge the previous work and add sufficient coverage in the crown area for you.

Regards

Spex