• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

how strong are transplanted hairs versus normal hairs

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
this probably will sound like a dumb question but its one ive had in the back of my mind for a while so what the hell if i sound like a dumb ass who cares)(_::

What i was wondering is how secure and strong exactly are transplanted hairs compared with natural original hairs.

The reason i ask is ive always been super careful with my grafted hair and was wondering if im being a little overprotective.......... surely its not just me, many people who have had ht's must be the same( i hope) and i was wandering are we being silly.

For example could a footballer who frequently headed the ball damage his grown out transplanted hair?..... or could a swimmer who frequently exposed himself to chlorine in a public pool possibly damage his grown out hair?...... what about if someone like a child playfully pulled transplanted hair would it react in the same way a natural hair?

i suppose what im saying is basically are transplanted hairs the same as original ones in terms of strength and security

please excuse me if i sound a dummy*nl

best wishes bn:)

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Your question is not dumb or silly. It's actually asked quite often.

Once the transplanted hairs are fully grown out - at 12+months post op, you can treat your transplanted hairs the same as native hairs. Since the transplanted hairs are from the donor region that's genetically programed to stay they could technically be considered stronger than some of the native hairs as a person could have further hairloss (you could be dealing with miniturized native hairs). Hope that makes sense and addresses your question.

bullitnut

bullitnut

that makes perfect sense thanks j your a starZ:B

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Good question BN...

Must admit that I had wondered about it a few times... and now we know....

Timbo

H

hairtech

I completely agree with Janna. The transplanted hairs are only vulnerable to mechanical disruption during the first few days post operation.:)

bullitnut

bullitnut

thanks hairtech Z:Band welcome to the forum great to have you onboard:)

best wishes bn

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Good post BN

Good to hear from you Hairtech.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
I've plucked my less desirable transplanted hairs and they always come back :(

jessica0125

jessica0125

Transplanted hair become similar to normal hair but yes it requires at least an year for its full growth then you can treat them as normal hair. :)