• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

If someone has an FUE operation who already has Scalp Micropigmentation can the scabs following surgery cause problems

baldasabadger10

baldasabadger10

Valued member
Theoretically speaking if someone were to have the pigmentation done first, followed by an FUE surgery later then what happens when the little scabs that form after a transplant come away? Does it damage the pigments underneath?

I'm concerned the pigmentation could look patchy if it does bring out some of the pigment with the scab when it falls off.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
I get your question dude. Actually it's a good one..... .pretty sure that the pigments will be ok when the scabs fall off as the scabs form on top of the scalp but the pigments will actually be in the scalp buddy.

That's probably one of the reasons why they say wait so many months after having SMP before having FUE for things to heal and settle properly.

BN

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic FUE and SMP
You had pigmentation with Shaven look in mind?

baldasabadger10

baldasabadger10

Valued member
I have been giving it some serious thought. My goal would be to have a combination of both FUE and the pigmentation if i decide i like the shaven look.

Going to shave what i have left soon and see what i think.

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic FUE and SMP
My tip for you:
shave all
have hair pigmentation
most likely you will be super happy and realize that a hair transplant has become obsolete.

scepticsausage

scepticsausage

Have you shaved your head before Badger? Sometimes it can take a bit of getting used to at first but usually after the initial shock of such a big change it soon becomes the norm and is easier to keep up to..

baldasabadger10

baldasabadger10

Valued member
My tip for you:
shave all
have hair pigmentation
most likely you will be super happy and realize that a hair transplant has become obsolete.

I am planning on shaving my head in the summer when it gets warmer to see how i feel about it. I don't know whether i could cope with the constant paranoia of someone touching my head and not feeling any hair though if i just had the pigments done. This is the main reason i was considering a combination.

Thank you.

baldasabadger10

baldasabadger10

Valued member
Have you shaved your head before Badger? Sometimes it can take a bit of getting used to at first but usually after the initial shock of such a big change it soon becomes the norm and is easier to keep up to..

No but i intend to soon so fingers crossed i won't hate it or have a funny shaped head or something.