• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Is my hairline receding?

Is my hairline receding?

• Total voters
T

Ted R

Here are 2 pictures of my hairline from 5 years ago, when I was 19

t0a7aeQ.jpg

CSB4LUQ.jpg

Here are 5 pictures of my hairline from tonight (I'm 24)

5ZDWiOe.jpg

XhwRS55.jpg

I44Oxfx.jpg

cv5xu47.jpg

0rWdsPT.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Difficult to say if there’s been any receding With the picture quality but in picture number 4 from tonight there could be some thinning on the right side. If it is, it is minor for now. Your picture at 19 is a different angle which makes it difficult to compare.
I would take some clearer pictures. Maybe mark out your areas of concern for the pictures and compare them in say 6 months. If you see a difference, then hair loss meds are an option. Use the time to do some research on them.
Having you Vitamin D levels checked is a good idea as that can cause hair loss if too low.

G

gabrielle_fidenza

As rightly mentioned by @Bigmac, it cannot be said for certain due to the quality of images, lighting and angle but seems like in image 3 and 4 from the latest snaps, minor changes can be seen most probably early signs of to maturing hairline ( very minimal).
Also as suggested above take photos now and then compare it to photos after the said period but this time also take pictures from some distance of mid scalp, vertex and the front hairline. Natural lightning shall be sufficiently good. It's probably nothing so take it easy.

T

Tom80

every man will have some receding and maturing of hairline even those who do not have the MPB. No man will keep his juvenile hairline.