• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Looking for the best HT option in Turkey/Europe

F

Fantaz

Hey, I am a new poster here hailing from Toronto, Canada, 34 y/o. I am looking for a hair transplant with the best price: performance ratio, but keep in mind i have no job and very low on money now as i have used up a lot of my savings travelling. I have already booked my flight into Turkey on March 10, so I'm available during those dates starting the 11th, but I'm good at finding cheap flights all around Europe so if there's a place that can do better for the most inexpensive rate then I'm down, I have time off but again it's super last minute since it's like in a couple weeks. It's hereditary, both my brother and father are bald and my bro shaves his head too, but I want my head to not look bald and be able to grow it out again. I am currently on Finasteride as directed, for almost a year roughly. I used to use Minoxidil Extra strength for the longest time but all that did was peach fuzz. And I mean, I want to avoid the Turkish hairmills but at the same time I might need to go to one cuz i'm a bit poor atm, especially if I need a 2nd one next year.

I have found some turkish places, e-mailed them and got back quotes from them. Ideally, I'd like to spend under 2000 euro but willing to go as high as 3200, or under $4.5k Canadian. Most of them say I'd need a 2nd surgery later on, and I'm fine with that. I think all of them include PRP, it's something I feel I also gotta do anyways, right? I'm surprised they mostly want cash only. Here's a list:

- Arenamed: "According to your hair profile, approximately 4500-4700 grafts can be transplanted and with these graft quantitiy frontal part of your hair will get natural and dense appearance until middle part. From middle to back top will be covered as much as your donor area allows. It is not possible to cover all the areas in 1 session. You may consider another session only for the crown area after 1 year." +PRP - Transport/Accom+All Inclusive Price - $1400 USD

- Dr Zekeriya Kul: "3000 Grafts from your donor and that’s maximum, any more is damage. Donor area allows only that much." ... He sent me a pic of the coverage area which is kinda sad... only covers the center island, which still leaves the back bald and the front two left/right sides bald which means i've gotta comb over. .. "Additionally vertex also crown area is different than the other area’s because It is fed by a vein and we must implant on vertex more then we need to receive a good result[...]" Also maybe no PRP? - 1 euro per graft, so 3000 Euro

- Transmed: Originally quoted 2000-2500 grafts in whatsapp, then wrote 2800-3000 grafts in an e-mail. +Laser, PRP, Ice grafts. "25 yrs of experience" - I bargained down to 3200 Euro

- Dr. Tugrul Maral: Provided a range 4000-6000 grafts as a wide range, unlimited graft transplants until desired results. +PRP. - 1700 Euro

- Dr Ilhan Serdaroglu: Range of 3500-3800 grafts. Says he's fast, can do up to "4300 grafts in 2-2.5 hours" .. gave me a very long, complicated tl;dr of the procedure that might be taken from a template stock e-mail he uses, idk. Mentions a 2nd transplant session in 6 months but doesn't say if I have to pay extra for it? .. "4500 operations, 17 yrs of experience." 3500 Euro + 150 extra for PRP. (Outside my budget, i'd need to try bargain if anything.)

- Esteworld: "You won't have too much grafts. We will fill the top area." pretty vague whatsapp msg, didn't get email yet. - $2250 USD

- Estevien, Dr. Esin Egilmez: Estimate range of 3500-4000 grafts. "70-80% coverage and lower hairline, could even maybe do up to 6000 grafts" "4 days" +PRP - $1500 USD

It's kind of looking like Dr. Tugrul Maral may be a better, cheaper option? Dr. Esin Egilmez looks kinda good too... Ideally I wanna spend around $2k and that's it... i'm not rich, but I don't wanna fk up my head, i'm a fashionable guy and maybe want long hair, i don't even remember what that's like anymore
frown.gif
pls help me out fam!

back-shaved.jpgBackSun.jpgFrontSun2.jpgRightSun.jpgTopSun.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Never put price before quality.
Those estimates vary greatly. Personally, I would not go to someone who offers a low price for unlimited grafts. You have to question how they can pay staff all day long to operate on you and expect them to provide quality work. Ask them who will do the surgery, how many years of experience they have etc. Don`t gamble with your head, you may end up regretting it.

MrPierre

MrPierre

What are ice grafts and unlimited grafts? How can the donor have unlimited grafts?! Sound like marketing bull !

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Would be wary of very low price clinics myself dude, if your going to use one I'd ask to see patients research the doctor thoroughly and ask lots of questions before hand. You only get a certain amount of grafts .....dont waste em pal.

Not saying all clinics in Turkey are bad there are some very good ones on here for example.... but beware like the UK there are a lot of bad ones unfortunately.

Without sounding disrespectful hair transplant surgery is not something to be taken lightly and decisions shouldn't be based on price over quality dude. Just want you to be careful that's all as I've been hurt myself and if your a fashion conscious guy then you wont like everyone staring at a dodgy looking hairline if it goes wrong.

F

Fantaz

Would be wary of very low price clinics myself dude, if your going to use one I'd ask to see patients research the doctor thoroughly and ask lots of questions before hand. You only get a certain amount of grafts .....dont waste em pal.

Not saying all clinics in Turkey are bad there are some very good ones on here for example.... but beware like the UK there are a lot of bad ones unfortunately.

Without sounding disrespectful hair transplant surgery is not something to be taken lightly and decisions shouldn't be based on price over quality dude. Just want you to be careful that's all as I've been hurt myself and if your a fashion conscious guy then you wont like everyone staring at a dodgy looking hairline if it goes wrong.

Thanks buddy. I'm leaning more towards Esteworld, as they're the largest hair restoration hospital and not a clinic. I'm actually meeting one of their representatives in my own city here in Toronto and will talk to them about it. I might be using the Artas robot, as well as ACell +PRP, so we'll see... if I feel turned off I'll just go explore turkey and do the HT another time, or not at all...

D

danielaustralia

I will say make sure you get in writing what happens regarding a refund or additional procedure if there's no noticeable growth. Don't get any hair transplant without it!

F

Fantaz

Well I was convinced by this Esteworld representative who visited me in my city. Did the transplant with extra acell+prp injections. $3600 us, 3500 grafts transplanted everywhere, except for the crown which they told me to come back in a year to do for another session together with another Acell+PRP. Took pics now of how it looks today 11th day after finally washing most of the scabs off, both in front and behind lighting.

I'd be willing to experiment with Minoxidil again now that I found out that derma rollers help it, but is there a better option? I don't really like how it colours my pillows, and it would be embarrising when women would run their fingers thru my hair and feel that stuff in it. I do want to try a laser cap for a bit, shopping around. On fin 1mg a day.

I feel like they missed a little tiny block in the very middle front of the hairline, could use there a FU or two oh well, I think I'm mostly happy with the result

What's everyone's thoughts? What could i do next to help regrowth? I'm kinda scared to post pics of the donor area guys, I just want some thoughts on the transplanted area first of all.

IMG_4041.jpgIMG_4040.jpg

F

Fantaz

So I was instructed to use the dermapen needles after a month. "You apply it twice a week in the evening and then massage it by squeezing the spray." Do you guys know what spray the doctor's referring to? Saline perhaps?

Hi,

Do you know in what density they placed the grafts?

They did not mention density, but considering I did not have hair there before in the front and was almost completely bald the density's not great.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Could you document your journey in the patient section?

F

Fantaz

Could you document your journey in the patient section?

I made a post: "Esteworld in Istanbul - 3500 grafts with Acell+PRP"

$2000 for transplant + $1600 for injections... is that a good price?