• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Losing hair on scalp

L

Lowkey

I made the mistake of doing #1 all over. This last year gone has been tough, heart break and betrayal by the girl I loved and car accident which almost killed me.

I’m using minoxidil at the mo, 3 weeks so far, day and night. How bad does it look and will it continue to get worse? First pic is before my hair cut. It’s really getting to me. Second pic is with minoxidil applied.

I seen a video of the back of head the other day and it looked like I was completely bald on the crown area..

Please, any help would be appreciated.

CFC0619C-64F7-473E-AC5F-235481C125C4.jpeg
38FD82E3-5F21-445F-AB85-C12597372012.jpeg
AE367296-3642-4FAE-BA48-C95A890110F9.jpeg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to hear of your personal situation and the accident. I trust you recovered well.

How old are you?

Minoxidil on its own could very well help your miniaturised hairs return to full health. I personally think Finasteride is the best thing for the crown, it has certainly helped me maintain my crown since 2005.

L

Lowkey

Sorry to hear of your personal situation and the accident. I trust you recovered well.

How old are you?

Minoxidil on its own could very well help your miniaturised hairs return to full health. I personally think Finasteride is the best thing for the crown, it has certainly helped me maintain my crown since 2005.
Thank you,

I am 27 years old. I heard a lot of bad things about finasteride and the side effects so I stayed away. Does my hair look bad? Really self conscious about it.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It’s not bad but it does look as though the crown is beginning to thin.
Side effects from Finasteride are a small percentage of people.
You can check into topical Finasteride which is claimed has less risk.

L

Lowkey

So
It’s not bad but it does look as though the crown is beginning to thin.
Side effects from Finasteride are a small percentage of people.
You can check into topical Finasteride which is claimed has less risk.
how would I use it though with minoxidil? Apply at same time? Also I checked online but can’t seem to buy it anywhere

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Have you considered a more natural thing like foligain a supplement that could possibly help? I know it helped me when I had to come off Finasteride for a short while some yrs ago....Regarding how it looks now personally I think the hair on top will look thicker if you have a different length at the sides and back to the top.....Maybe go really short at the back and sides to make the top appear thicker and denser (just a thought)....its not too bad at the minute tbh and to me I think with Minoxidil or the topical Bigmac suggests and maybe Folligain as a supplement you could prevent it worsening or even restore the miniturisation to its former glory.

Sometimes even a good head of hair can look thin when shaven short so I wouldnt beat yourself up about it dude....you certainly don't need a HT yet or anything like that imo.

M

mania

That's happened to most of the people losing hair from the scalp ...