• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Miss finasteride days ran out!!!!!!!! !

D

Dior22

For how long can someone miss finasteride doses before it affects hair loss. I have been taking it for nearly 5 months and already missed 4 days a few months ago. How would a 10-14 day break affect My hairloss?.

Philw

Hi mate
U should be fine
It stays in ur system for a while
10 to 14 days should be ok
Maybe take it mon wed fri from now on and see how u get on

C

Coopman

Valued member
I have had breaks from Finasteride for up to 6months. (Been on it since 2001/2002).

When i have had a break i notice shedding after about 4 months and hair thinning(diameter of hair thinning) after about 6 months.

I would not worry about a 10-14 day break.

(i have a very slow progressive subset of male pattern baldness)

MCAN Clinic

MCAN Clinic

Hello Dior22,

There will be no possible hair loss in 4 days break. Although your hair loss may continue after a 3 months break.

Best regards,

Bully

Bully

Why are you taking a break for that period of time? I don't think it will have any impact taking such a short break.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
A 2 week break should be ok. You could try a reduced dose for that time period.

Techno1

Techno1

I travelled for work and my luggage was lost. It contained my hair loss meds and other important items. I was not able to replenish my supply for 3 weeks which was a concern at the time but after restarting it after I was able to acquire more I never lost any ground.

Shapiro Medical Group

Shapiro Medical Group

Valued member
A 2 week break should not affect the overall efficacy.

R

reddwarf

I've missed for 3 weeks in the past with zero hair loss.