• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

my 1,200 graft HT

S

SemperFi

Valued member
Closure looks great!

And as for the shedding it's normal for the new grafts to fall out after a certain amount of time, but they grow back then.

And meds are, of course, a must. ;)

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi More,

Congrats on your surgery and it'll be nice to follow your progress, especially since most of us here are not familiar with Dr. Gaffney. The work looks nice and clean.

I noticed the black headband you were wearing soon after your surgery. I assume your doc gave it to you to minimize swelling? You stated you had swollen eyes in 7 days post op pic so you experienced swelling despite the precautionary measure. I've heard few doctors using skin tape and headbands and wondered just how much it reduces post operative swelling. Thanks for sharing your progress.

more

more

Valued member
hi janna,
the swelling below the headband only occurred after i took it off (4 days post op).
i was instructed it was ok to do so but i was soon transformed into someone i didn't even recognize. the swelling occurred for about 4 days after the headband removal. all is back to normal now.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks More,the donor closure looks very good and has healed up nicely.

Just a quick question,what was the reason you opted for 1200 grafts as looking at your pictures i would have said 2000 ish would have been more appropriate in my non medical opinion of course.

I do like the look of the work and as Janna states it will be good to follow your progress.

Thanks bm.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
looking good;) i too have never heard of Dr Gaffney so it would be interesting to follow your progressZ:B

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I can understand that re costs as i`ve been there.Well if you do require future work you have that untouched donor supply on the left side of your head.

more

more

Valued member
how long should i expect to wait before i start to see re-growth? i check the mirror a couple times a day.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I would say that the 5-6 month mark is the average time,however some lucky patients experience growth as early as 3 months post op.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
ive been looking in the mirror a lot, but im not gonna do this anymore, it will just make it seem longer. I already know its gonna take months and that it wont even be at its end result until 12 months is up.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
Except I couldnt care less whether the grass grows or not, the faster the grass grows the more I have to cut it. :)

Last edited:
more

more

Valued member
hey guys, i need your opinion. it's only been days from the procedure but i fear my diffused hair will make it hard to conceal my scar line. here's the latest pic

day26.jpg

Last edited:
more

more

Valued member
i know i've been losing hair when i apply the vitamin E. is this hair loss temporary? by the way i did cut just a bit from the incision down in a fade

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Just stop using the vitamin E if you feel it is not helping.

As for your scar,it looks normal to me.If your hair around it is thin just apply a bit of Dermmatch as its great at concealing scars. It is safe to use also in my non medical opinion.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hows it going more,you should be looking normal again now.

more

more

Valued member
thanks for asking. yes my hair length is back to normal, maybe even longer to cover my scar. i have noticed some hair growth after 3 months. ill post progress pics sometime

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Good to hear,i`ll look forward to seeing your updates.