• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

My experience with Finasteride after one month...

Bongo

Bongo

Hi KCJ, try Pharmica online for Fin, it’s so cheap on their website it’s crazy, I’ve been using their generic Fin for a few months and it works well. I’ve not tried doing topical in addition to oral Fin, but I guess that could help, although my advice is to do 0.5mg every other day, that works for me. All the best...

K

KCJones

Thanks Bongo I'll take a look on there, as cutting my 5mg into 1/8's isn't going to either work too good or give me a regular 0.5mg

Bongo

Bongo

Apologies KCJ, I cut my 5mg tablet into 5 or 6 bits and therefore usually have 1mg every other day, rather than 0.5mg every other day. Even so if you’re getting sides with your dosage then taking 0.5mg every other day should help and is worth a try. Just wanted to clarify. Thanks..

K

KCJones

I did considering 1mg everyother day after seeing the Hairloss show guy's mentioning that on Youtube, I'll have a think as I've a stash of 5mg anyway !!

K

KCJones

Thanks for the info guys, I'm going to try 1.25mg every other day to start with since I've got a large batch of 5mg.

This is an interesting article with a topic on reduced dosing if you've not already seen it, plus I'm over 50 so may find the lower dose OK.

wolfhair.com Finasteride-Cyberspace-Chat-March-April-2015.pdf

Reduced Dosing
Anecdotal evidence has shown that doses of less than 1 mg/day are as effective as 1mg/day. Russell Knudsen may have been the first to report dosing less than 1mg/ day, prescribing rather 1mg three times a week. Bill Parsley often starts patients on ¼ mg per day, a 1mg tablet quartered. I have been using reduced doses for a number of years. I start men who choose to use quartered 5mg finasteride on at most ¼ tab (1.25mg) every other day, which is 2.5mg every three days.
If patients who are 40 years old and older choose Propecia (1mg), they are started on 1mg every other day. Any patient who is overly concerned about side effects are started on a reduced dose. I often recom-mend that patients 50 and older take 1mg Propecia or 1.25mg generic finasteride every third day. If patients experience side effects and are concerned, it is recommended that they reduce their dosage by half or stop the medication altogether. It is puz-zling to me that the dosage reductions described above have not led to complaints of shedding or thinning in patients, some who had taken 1mg finasteride/day for 10 years or more.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Thanks for the info guys, I'm going to try 1.25mg every other day to start with since I've got a large batch of 5mg.

This is an interesting article with a topic on reduced dosing if you've not already seen it, plus I'm over 50 so may find the lower dose OK.

wolfhair.com Finasteride-Cyberspace-Chat-March-April-2015.pdf

Reduced Dosing
Anecdotal evidence has shown that doses of less than 1 mg/day are as effective as 1mg/day. Russell Knudsen may have been the first to report dosing less than 1mg/ day, prescribing rather 1mg three times a week. Bill Parsley often starts patients on ¼ mg per day, a 1mg tablet quartered. I have been using reduced doses for a number of years. I start men who choose to use quartered 5mg finasteride on at most ¼ tab (1.25mg) every other day, which is 2.5mg every three days.
If patients who are 40 years old and older choose Propecia (1mg), they are started on 1mg every other day. Any patient who is overly concerned about side effects are started on a reduced dose. I often recom-mend that patients 50 and older take 1mg Propecia or 1.25mg generic finasteride every third day. If patients experience side effects and are concerned, it is recommended that they reduce their dosage by half or stop the medication altogether. It is puz-zling to me that the dosage reductions described above have not led to complaints of shedding or thinning in patients, some who had taken 1mg finasteride/day for 10 years or more.
Good info this thanks for sharing dude.

H

Herr Loss

I'd perhaps try switching brand if anyone's experiencing sides.

I started to feel really fatigued and had a decreased libido on Relonchem branded fin after being switched from Accord last year. Accord wasn't available at the time so switched over to Propecia and my libido went through the roof like it did when I first started fin 3 or 4 years ago. I've also had much more energy day to day so have stuck on it.

R

reddwarf

I'd perhaps try switching brand if anyone's experiencing sides.

I started to feel really fatigued and had a decreased libido on Relonchem branded fin after being switched from Accord last year. Accord wasn't available at the time so switched over to Propecia and my libido went through the roof like it did when I first started fin 3 or 4 years ago. I've also had much more energy day to day so have stuck on it.
This is interesting I wonder why? I take the accord version but will keep an eye out if they change it.

D

djkillab

Valued member
This thread has been really helpful, thanks guys. I've been taking 1mg fin from Pharmica for 6 months. My wife noticed a decrease in my libido from about 5 months, so I've stopped taking it for a few days. Probably going to leave it for another week then take 1mg every other day and see how I get on

K

KCJones

I kept messing up doing every other day as either I missed the alarm on my phone or just forgot if I'd took one or not !!

So at present I'm 5 tablets (5mg quarters) a week, missing Weds & Sat out. Libido wise can't say for sure there's a massive difference.

Just need to get my routine in order :rolleyes: